nolan??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nolan???

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Watching Monday night football. Nolans d is on point. Why the hell did we get rid of him?

Nolan was good here as well, but the secondary has been a huge difference in this game. Even with Vontae, I'd say they have a better secondary than us.

Nolan WAS a great DC. I think you will find out this week how much we lost when he left. This defense has a lot of holes that offenses will start to find. Sanchez is terrible but I bet he throws for 300 vs this defense. Our back 7 is as bad as there is in the league. Nolan was great at hiding our weaknesses even with the low level of talent we had on defense. I don't think we will be able to do that this year vs division teams.

Dont want to bash the dolphins defensive players but the falcons actually has some guys that can make plays on the ball.

i think we didn't give him the head coaching job. Thzat's why nolan isn't here anymore.

Nolan WAS a great DC. I think you will find out this week how much we lost when he left. This defense has a lot of holes that offenses will start to find. Sanchez is terrible but I bet he throws for 300 vs this defense. Our back 7 is as bad as there is in the league. Nolan was great at hiding our weaknesses even with the low level of talent we had on defense. I don't think we will be able to do that this year vs division teams.

I wouldnt go that far. I mean granted we likely wont get any INT's, but him throwing for 300 against any defense is an incredible feat

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Mike Nolan runs a 3-4 defense - always has, always will

Joe Philbin runs a 4-3 defense

Coyle you mean

I wouldnt go that far. I mean granted we likely wont get any INT's, but him throwing for 300 against any defense is an incredible feat

I don't disagree, it will be incredible, but unless they get a early double score lead, he WILL throw for 300. Mark it down. He is terrible but we have NO one back there. Jones and Smith are the only ones that would have a chance to start for any other team in the league and those two wouldn't start for more than about 5 teams. Add to that we have very soft LBs in coverage and every QB that sees us on the schedule is licking their lips.

Nolan has always been one of the best DC's in the game, Im sure since we never even looked at him as head coach and promoted an undeserving assistant ahead of him his fate was sealed

when he was turned down for the head coaching job he was never going to hang around

It's a shame when these threads get moved out of the Dolphins forum. Watching Nolan now gives us perspective on where we were and what's changed, what hasn't. He was vilified by a lot of people here. Watching how he does this year might make for some interesting discussion relevant to our new coaching staff and how our personnel performs under the change.

I though he left cause his contract was up and he knew we were getting rid of sporano who he was loyal too for what ever reason.

Back
Top Bottom