Northcutt,Boston,Ext | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Northcutt,Boston,Ext

Zachspac54

Dan is STILL the MAN
Reaction score
All those receivers being mentiened are good But what i think should happen is we get drew henson from houston,there our Qb of the future, then we pursue either Isaac Bruce or Darrell Jackson we must land one of them two,then we either draft M.Jenkins,M. Clayton,or R.Woods''' then the final peice would be Mark brunell would look nice

2004 QB Brunell 2005 Henson
RB Willams
WR Chambers
WR Bruce #3 WR Jenkins
TE McMichael
OL who knows there:confused:

U R giving me chills. Any idea what cap problems there may be? I guess i mean is this possible cash wise?

Philly is supposed to be making a very hard push to get Darrell Jackson, and they have the $$ to do it. AGAIN, I will say this. Get Michael Clayton in the draft, he's big 6'4" and runs a decent 40.

Originally posted by chambers84
Philly is supposed to be making a very hard push to get Darrell Jackson, and they have the $$ to do it. AGAIN, I will say this. Get Michael Clayton in the draft, he's big 6'4" and runs a decent 40.

I heard To may go there. And what about Jenkins instead of Clayton, bigger and faster.

Originally posted by chambers84
Get Michael Clayton in the draft, he's big 6'4" and runs a decent 40.

Most importantly, he's a playmaker..

I believe Miami is putting Rashaun Woods at the top of their WR list because of his "good character".. I remember after the 2003 draft was over, I read all the profiles on Miami's picks and ALL of them profiles said something about the players "good character"

Rashaun Woods fits that bill, every profile I read mentions his "good character"

On the other hand, Spielman is drafting this time.. Who knows..

thats ok cause i would rather have bruce than jackson but philly is going to get cry babby owens but either way iam sure they could get the money i think Bruce will come at a decent price he lives down there somewhere so he will be home?

Originally posted by Zachspac54
thats ok cause i would rather have bruce than jackson but philly is going to get cry babby owens but either way iam sure they could get the money i think Bruce will come at a decent price he lives down there somewhere so he will be home?

exactly.

There was a post in this forum a couple of weeks back that said R. Woods was not among Miami's top choices at WR. I don't remember who the source was.

Originally posted by Zachspac54
All those receivers being mentiened are good But what i think should happen is we get drew henson from houston,there our Qb of the future, then we pursue either Isaac Bruce or Darrell Jackson we must land one of them two,then we either draft M.Jenkins,M. Clayton,or R.Woods''' then the final peice would be Mark brunell would look nice

2004 QB Brunell 2005 Henson
RB Willams
WR Chambers
WR Bruce #3 WR Jenkins
TE McMichael
OL who knows there:confused:

If this was 1998-1999 or even 2001, I would have jumped through rings of fire to acquire a playmaker like Bruce.

Now is a different story. His cap is humongous, his age is getting up there, and his numbers have declined.

I also will say the same thing about Brunell. There's a big reason Jacksonville used a top 10 pick on Leftwich.. For what his asking price, they're better off sticking with Fiedler for another season and grooming whomever they wind up getting as their QB of the future in the post-season.

As for WRs I'd like to see Miami get their hands on, Darrell Jackson is an obvious choice. He's a sure fire bet to catch the ball, and alongside Chambers could cause hell for opposing defensive secondaries.

Another I'm a fan of is Rashaud Woods of Oklahoma State. The guy is a pure playmaker, and will be dynamic on the next level.

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
I think DJ is a restricted FA.

No he's not. Darrell Jackson is an unrestricted free agent. He was a restricted free agent last year & you can't be a restricted free agent two years in a row.

oooooh, in that case, I'd take a shot at him, although I'm sure he'll get some BIG bucks.

Could you imagine ? Chambers, Jackson, McMicheal, Ricky ?

Damn !

Re: Re: Northcutt,Boston,Ext

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

If this was 1998-1999 or even 2001, I would have jumped through rings of fire to acquire a playmaker like Bruce.

Now is a different story. His cap is humongous, his age is getting up there, and his numbers have declined.

I also will say the same thing about Brunell. There's a big reason Jacksonville used a top 10 pick on Leftwich.. For what his asking price, they're better off sticking with Fiedler for another season and grooming whomever they wind up getting as their QB of the future in the post-season.

As for WRs I'd like to see Miami get their hands on, Darrell Jackson is an obvious choice. He's a sure fire bet to catch the ball, and alongside Chambers could cause hell for opposing defensive secondaries.

Another I'm a fan of is Rashaud Woods of Oklahoma State. The guy is a pure playmaker, and will be dynamic on the next level.

" A sure fire bet to catch the ball???" He drops more balls than he catches. He is ok but I would much rather have Bruce and draft a Jenkins or Clayton. That way in a few years we have two young bad a$$ wr options and Bruce can retire. He wont be a big $$ issue for the same reason you stated. He is older and will likely draw less attention than Jackson, TO or Meshawn. He is also a native Fla and wants to come home. May take less money to do so.

Back
Top Bottom