Norv kinda sounds like Chan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv kinda sounds like Chan

Re: FINALLY!!!!

Originally posted by Expo88

Finally, a positive post by ice.:cool: I think somone had a wholesome breakfast this morning...haaa!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't saying bad things about Ricky, I was saying that there are a bunch of better RBs, but Ricky is still very good.

Re: Norv is the best guy for the job

Originally posted by dolphinsrock
Norv is the best guy for the job...no doubt in my mind.
how could you not want a guy controlling one department (offensive c.) of your footballl team that is used to handling much more (head coach)? This way he can concentrate on much less and make our offense better. Norv likes the style of offense that the dolphins have been needing for a looongg time. And now we finally have the right tools. If we work on our offensive line a bit more, we will find that mr. Turner will mold our offense into possibly one of the best in the league like play dough.:p

Welcome aboard dolphinsrock...I hope you like it here

I got this clip from an article from Pasquerelli on the ESPN board:

"Erroneously regarded as a passing game guru, new offensive coordinator Norv Turner is a man who loves to bludgeon opponents with the running game, and Williams is his new human wrecking ball. Turner's preferred method is to get a lead and then use the run to protect it."

Sounds exactly how Gailey ran the offense (or attempted to) last year. Hopefully with Ricky, things will work out better.

:cool:

Originally posted by Mack Daddy
I got this clip from an article from Pasquerelli on the ESPN board:

"Erroneously regarded as a passing game guru, new offensive coordinator Norv Turner is a man who loves to bludgeon opponents with the running game, and Williams is his new human wrecking ball. Turner's preferred method is to get a lead and then use the run to protect it."

Sounds exactly how Gailey ran the offense (or attempted to) last year. Hopefully with Ricky, things will work out better.

:cool:

Norv likes to throw to the TE and backs much more than Chan, i.e. Hunter Goodwin 4 catches

P.S. Mack - I merged on older thread on Chan vs. Norv into this 1

Norv still likes to air it out a little bit more than Chan but they do have similar offensive philosophies. Chan was good but Norv is a bona-fied genious with the pig-skin.

Re: Re: Norv kinda sounds like Chan

Originally posted by dolphan39

Norv likes to throw to the TE and backs much more than Chan, i.e. Hunter Goodwin 4 catches

P.S. Mack - I merged on older thread on Chan vs. Norv into this 1
I think that it is unfair to compare Turner and Gailey ,,, The first year that chan took over the offense he made impressive strides(considering what G-Stevens and K- Brown couldn't do) . Chan took an offense that didn't have a 1000 yrd rusher since D-Williams and showed us Phin fans L- Smith !! I really believe that if the Phins O-Line was not riddled with injuries last season L-Smith would have had a better season,, I am not saying that Smith is not totally blameless for last year but his troubles running the rock (alot of the time) pointed to the inexperience of the O-L . Which also means that Gailey would have left with the O improved from the 00 season,, which I think that Gailey admitted he wanted when he announced that he was stepping down in Jan . I have always liked N - Turner, he is a little too laid back at times, but he knows how to scheme and position players to be able to produce and finds ways to get those all important mismatches ! Feidler is no Aikman but Turner seems to get the best out of his qb's and with R-W's pounding up the middle and catching passes out of the backfield , defenses will not be able to put 8 on the line because Turner is going to scheme to make them pay dearly.. Marino1983 :D

Chan sucked, he would run the ball with a minute left in the half when we were trying to get into scoring position.

Back
Top Bottom