Norv Turner is so overated. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv Turner is so overated.

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
I can't figure out why people think so highly of this guy. What has he ever done besides win with the Cowboys? Jesus Christ, i mean, look at their team! I could have been OC for that team and won a superbowl. "Hey Troy, just throw the ball to Michael, then hand it to Emmitt once in a while."

Besides that, he's had 7 unsuccesful seasons with the Redskins, and 2 with the Dolphins. Doesn't anyone else see this......? It also would piss me off when people would draw comparison between the 90's cowboys and the present dolphins. How can they say that? No one we have is half as talented as any of the cowboys key players, (except R.Williams of course). Our Defense may look better on paper but they suck SOOOO bad under pressure. Personnally i'm sick of it all, i'm sick of people saying were good when we aren't. Does this make anyone else just wanna...:barf:

Did you watch the 1999 season??

Brad Johnson throws for over 4000 yards.
Stephen Davis comes from nowhere to rush for 1400 yards in 14 games.
Michael Westbrook and Albert Connell both go over 1100 yards and 18 ypc.
The RBs combine to catch 131 passes.
The offense ranked second overall only to the record-setting Rams (who's OC is a Norv disciple).

And the Redskins were one bad extra point snap away from the NFC Championship game.

See what happens when you get Norv a little talent??

It's also worth mentioning that he made Gus Frerotte into a Pro Bowler and Trent Green into stud.

I think Muck ended that rather nicely, good one Muck..bling bling..LOL

Originally posted by Lukin
Jesus Christ, i mean, look at their team! I could have been OC for that team and won a superbowl.

Sorry, but right here is the heart and soul of your primary mistake friend. You would be embarrassed on a field even with "all that talent".

Have a little respect for the profession. Just becasue you weatch a game on sunday and used to play on Friday doesnt make you anywhere close to a professional coach like Norv Turner.

He knew more football 20 years ago than most of us ever will.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Miami losing Norv Turner will hurt..

I'm not too sure about that one.

I don't think Collier has been sleeping while at work neither. Everyone must get their opportunity sometime. Would you have rather found out the Collier was a "genius" sometime soon reading about the Alabama offense? :D

gaining norv turner hurt. how come with gailey, the finz made the playoffs both years and averaged more ppg than under norv with less talent? go on fella, give me your reasons

Originally posted by ZOD
I'm not too sure about that one.

I don't think Collier has been sleeping while at work neither. Everyone must get their opportunity sometime. Would you have rather found out the Collier was a "genius" sometime soon reading about the Alabama offense? :D

:D Gotta love your pessimistic view

I respect the guy we really did'nt have the talent on offense but if he was that great he would have the offense better than it is. He really did'nt do any thing when he was a OC for Chargers. Yes, he did have good offense with Cowboys and Redskins but hell with there players they both had on offense Kippy Brown might could make it work.:lol:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

:D Gotta love your pessimistic view

In a couple of days my wife will start yelling "Get off! My boobs are sore", then that "thing" will start a week later , and then I'll be back to normal. :D

Originally posted by Muck

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=401225

One of the most important factors was Jay Fiedler. He was a square peg in a round hole (Norv's offense). Much better fit for Gailey's offense.

coaches should coach according to their personnel. yea he won a super bowl with 4 hof caliber players in dallas, but what has he done since? he has only taken 1 offense to the playoffs in 10 years of coaching since then (the one with the most talent-johnson, davis, centers, wristbroke, connell, fryar), isn't that ridiculous? norv is more a product of great talent than a great coach.

i have to agree with each of phistix's points.....

+gailey did take us to playoffs with less talent
+OC's job is to make it work (not necessarily HIS way)
+he doesn't have much sparkling in his career...

overall, i think this might hurt b/c we were just seeming to get used to his style of offense (see: thanksgiving day on....), but collier brings in a new fresh person, more run-oriented (which is good - maybe we'll focus on BLOCKING for ricky this next year like we did in 2002..... blocking was non-existent in 2003).

so overall i think its a fresh change.

Originally posted by Lukin
I can't figure out why people think so highly of this guy. What has he ever done besides win with the Cowboys? Jesus Christ, i mean, look at their team! I could have been OC for that team and won a superbowl. "Hey Troy, just throw the ball to Michael, then hand it to Emmitt once in a while."

Besides that, he's had 7 unsuccesful seasons with the Redskins, and 2 with the Dolphins. Doesn't anyone else see this......? It also would piss me off when people would draw comparison between the 90's cowboys and the present dolphins. How can they say that? No one we have is half as talented as any of the cowboys key players, (except R.Williams of course). Our Defense may look better on paper but they suck SOOOO bad under pressure. Personnally i'm sick of it all, i'm sick of people saying were good when we aren't. Does this make anyone else just wanna...:barf:

He's very highly rated with the people that count.....
Those in the NFL.
He will be missed.
He was severely handcuffed here with the QB situation and the OL situation this year.
Say what you want but no one that is in the loop has ever said a negative about his coacing.

Back
Top Bottom