Nostalgia: Offseason 2002 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nostalgia: Offseason 2002

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
I remember being at work, coming out of a meeting and RUNNING back to my desk to see if Ricky had been signed yet.

The sad thing is, I did that 3x a week for about a month ;(

I remember all the talk about signing Fred Taylor, about how Ricky was overhyped (see: Prisco, ESPN's Fantasy Zone, etc.). I remember reading about how Ricky was "unreachable" and "bound to be a locker-room cancer."

So that one turned out alright, huh? We got a young, amazingly dedicated, franchise RB that displayed some of the most phenomenal rushing skills I've ever seen. He lead the league and broke 1,850 with a makeshift OL, and was a great teammate and team player. And best of all, we got him in a perfect contract and for 2 late-first-round picks.

Thanks, Wannspiel, for the best acquisition in franchise history.

Again, I keep going back to how I have finally seen a Miami Dolphins team that has a real running threat. Don't get me wrong, seeing TD passes is great. But to see one of our running backs bust open some serious whoop-a$$ and break a short 60 yard TD run is just special.
Yeah, I'm happy as a pig in poop that we got Ricky. He's done something for not only the team, but also us fans that makes each game special to watch even if we lose the game.

I've always liked the running teams. We had it in the 70's and now we have it again. It is great to see the guards pulling and Ricky getting yards in bunches.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by infiltrateib
I remember being at work, coming out of a meeting and RUNNING back to my desk to see if Ricky had been signed yet.

The sad thing is, I did that 3x a week for about a month ;(

I remember all the talk about signing Fred Taylor, about how Ricky was overhyped (see: Prisco, ESPN's Fantasy Zone, etc.). I remember reading about how Ricky was "unreachable" and "bound to be a locker-room cancer."

So that one turned out alright, huh? We got a young, amazingly dedicated, franchise RB that displayed some of the most phenomenal rushing skills I've ever seen. He lead the league and broke 1,850 with a makeshift OL, and was a great teammate and team player. And best of all, we got him in a perfect contract and for 2 late-first-round picks.

Thanks, Wannspiel, for the best acquisition in franchise history.

Then remember how a lot of us kind of 'held our breaths' after he got pulled over with no plate/license. It was easy to wonder then if those Prisco types were right. That seems like years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom