Not getting Woody, Tait a blessing in disguise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not getting Woody, Tait a blessing in disguise?

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Think about it. We were going to break the bank to bring both of them here. Now we have more money available than we would have if we signed Woody and Tait. Who knows, maybe we can even keep Ogunleye now. Thoughts?

Total agreement 954. I said this in another post, but it looks like we're trying to mirror the Patriots approach to free agency: don't blow all your cap room on one guy, go for players from winning organizations (okay, McIntosh obviously violates this rule), go for youth and potential. I like what we're doing so far.

At least McIntosh blocked for a featured back in LT. I see the Celebrity Moleface Drew Brees and the defense as the problem for the SuperChargers, not the running game or line.

I like the moves also. It's ridiculous how people get all bent out of shape after just a few days of FA. Yeah, we didn't get the "BIG NAME" guys, but what was Rick gonna do? Strap Tait and Woody to a chair and administer Chinese water torture?

Sometimes, the best moves you make are the ones you don't make. Woody and Tait were very much overpaid.

BTW, what's the link for that scouts inc site? ;)

You could definitely look at it that way. Woody would have played Center I think and Tait would have either played LT or RT, and both positions are worth breaking the bank over more than the OG position.

So signing either would have been a good thing no doubt especially since in the Woody case we have a fairly decent Center that could take over on shotgun snaps.

Still now that we've got James and McIntosh we can (and have with Howard) use the savings to beef up some other positions.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
I like the moves also. It's ridiculous how people get all bent out of shape after just a few days of FA. Yeah, we didn't get the "BIG NAME" guys, but what was Rick gonna do? Strap Tait and Woody to a chair and administer Chinese water torture?

Sometimes, the best moves you make are the ones you don't make. Woody and Tait were very much overpaid.

BTW, what's the link for that scouts inc site? ;)

Actually, I posted it elsewhere, but here it is again...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=46

It's ESPN Insider content, though, so unless you have access, you won't be able to read it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You could definitely look at it that way. Woody would have played Center I think and Tait would have either played LT or RT, and both positions are worth breaking the bank over more than the OG position.

So signing either would have been a good thing no doubt especially since in the Woody case we have a fairly decent Center that could take over on shotgun snaps.

Still now that we've got James and McIntosh we can (and have with Howard) use the savings to beef up some other positions.
Exactly. I think Rick will go after OL depth now. No need getting a Woody, blowing your load, and not having money left for much else...no pun intended.....

Okay, the pun was intended...couldn't resist one more Woody joke. :D

I agree with you, and I would also love to have Ogun back with us. Some people don't agree but I think the defensive line wins more games than any other position, cause it determines whether you can run or pass. Ogun is a huge asset for ours. Of course I wouldn't mind a 1st and a 3rd but I would rather just keep him.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
Think about it. We were going to break the bank to bring both of them here. Now we have more money available than we would have if we signed Woody and Tait. Who knows, maybe we can even keep Ogunleye now. Thoughts?
This is impossible to answer today. What if our line sucks as much this year as last year? We haven't seen them play together yet. We don't know if they're good moves yet.

Ogun is a proven talent with the Dolphins, I think Miami should make an effort to keep him, and keep him happy.

Woody and Tait would have been nice additions, but that is all that we would have gotten!!!!!

We are much better off now and we will be much better off next year! These are great moves by the FO!

I am still on the fence for Ogun. He wasn't even listed as the starter at the beginning of last season, but due to injury - he was thrust into the starting line-up.

Personally, we should get what we can for him and start J. Williams of O. Grigsby.

Re: Re: Not getting Woody, Tait a blessing in disguise?

Originally posted by LIQUID24

This is impossible to answer today. What if our line sucks as much this year as last year? We haven't seen them play together yet. We don't know if they're good moves yet.
True. an OL needs cohesiveness. That's the thing that worries me. Hopefully it works out for the better.

Back
Top Bottom