Not Happy with Dave's Comments | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Happy with Dave's Comments

Hmm, funny how a while about everyone was pushing Leonard Henry after he tore if up, now you guys are saying he is uncapable of runnign the ball. This is no worse than a team losing a big player to injury. It all depends on how the team reacts to the loss is all. I'm sure people in St. Louis freaked out a few years ago when their QB went down in the preseason, but things turned out alright for them. Not saying we have the Kurt Warner of running backs on our roster right now, but we'll survive. We haven't reached 11 wins with Ricky, and we did that with a horrid running game. The rest of the team has improved in my mind as well.

Obviously Dave has his work cut out for him, but I don't know what elese he is supposed to say.

I understand that DW had to put on a happy face about it today - because it is just another embarrasing moment that has occured this offseason. But just imagine for a quick moment a Bill Parcells press conference today (also imagining the FAR stretch that he was the coach of the Dolphins...) and see how calm and cool he was about his star tailback bailing on the team one week before training camp. He would have expressed our feelings (mostly anger at this point) a little better than DW did today. Stop trying to just say the right things Dave...IT'S OKAY TO BE F***EN PISSED TODAY!!! GET F***EN PISSED *****!!!!!!!!! :fire:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the first thing he said when he got up there was "I don't know what to say".

He said it. I don't blame him. I would be at a loss for words also.

LMAO Dave has faults but if your Travis Minor or Henry and you are listening to your coach say we are screwed with what we have and absolutely have to make a move, what would the confidence level be if we cant get anyone? Gee you'ld probably want to give him a hug right? He has to show a steadfast approach or he loses the players he has and right now he needs them. He is doing what he has to do.

I kinda think Travis Minor knows he's a backup. How is it hurting his feelings to tell him, "We have solid depth at running back, we love you as our 3rd down back, but we need to find a marquee guy." Dave just seemed like there's no need to be upset. Things happen. Well, not things like this. Not losing the best running back in franchise history 5 days before training camp. That's not just another thing that happens. If Dave wanted to say that everything's going to be OK, and he's happy with the team as it is, then he shouldn't have held a press conference at all.

i agree. but i also agree w/ dave saying people will step up. and i think the message he was trying to convey is that this is a big deal but we'll need our guys to look past it and take on bigger roles in the offense. and yes, he did try to underestimate it a little in his interview on espn. its all Public Relations.

I hear you, Musk. It is all b.s. public relations. Don't you think it's ironic that Dave is so concerned about painting a picture of calmness and optimism, yet everytime they get a shot of him on the sideline during a tight spot in a game, he looks totally panicked and flustered?

Minor actually believes he cannot play, hmmmmmm? I doubt it. Ask him he will tell you he feels he can do the job. That assertion is ridiculous. Also, if the coach comes out and says what you think he says, the REST OF THE TEAM believes we are farked and have a negative attitude. As the leader of a team, organ or group, you cant be negative or it permates throughout. Like it or not. He isnt doing things so he can please you, he doesnt work for you, he needs to try and keep the team focused and working to the goal, being negative helps nothing.

Ohhhh. I thought Dave was working for me. Oh well, I better stop sending him paychecks. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm not asking him to be negative...just not complacent.

How is he being complacent? He just found out Friday, he does not know what is available and what we can afford AND who he considers better than what we have. You can all say trade Wale but wale must neg a contract with the team trading for him. Not as easy at this point as it sounds, teams have set their plan and may not have cap room to do it depending on who it is, or they may not feel Wale is worth as much as he wants. So is Wanny suppossed to console you?

I am no Wanny fan but my impression is that he was devasted by the news not only for him but for his teammates.The spin is just damage control.You would do the same thing.

danephin said:
I watched the press conference, and Mr. Optimistic tried to paint this as not that big of a deal. I understand he can't come out and say, "Holy Sh$t, we're screwed! Just forget about this year!" But he actually compared losing Ricky to losing Brent Smith. He reminds me of another shady politician who can never tell it like it is.

I don't want to be thinking about John Kerry at this time, dude. Don't get me started.

as for the Wannstedt crap, what did you expect him to say? It doesn't matter what he says. I want action

Saying Minor and Henry are good enough to carry the running load the entire season is being complacent. We would have the absolute worst running attack in the league. And juding by his comments today, it sounds like Dave is more than happy to go with those two. A move must be made, and I pray to God they do something. I know they just found out, but time is of the essence now. Why do you have to make this about Dave and me? ("Does Dave work for you? Do you want Dave to console you?") Jeez, I'm just giving my opinion. This is about Dave, Rick, the entire Dolphin organization and the fans. The entire season depends on what they do next.

Im not sure what everyone bashing Wanny expects him to say.. especially this early in all this drama!

p.s. this isn't a political forum.

p.p.s. when are they going to start selling "Screw Ricky" Tshirts?

I heard a Dave I havnt heard before, thats why im optimistic, he was saying how every player needed to step up and he seemed real determined to put some heart into this team. The only thing that bothered me was that it sounds like we will still run it as muc...

Back
Top Bottom