Not happy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not happy

Dolfan1000 said:
Obviously not!

My god dont you people think Saban maybe wanted to give just Surtain and no 5th!?! Do you think her purposely made us switch spots in the 5th!?!?! WE NEEDED TO DEAL SURTAIN FOR TWO REASONS- 1) FINANCE AND 2) TO ACQUIRE A 2ND ROUND PICK SOMEHOW! We needed that 2nd round pick, and something so minor as switching spots in the 5th round is not worth dwelling on.

i agree. if carl got an erection with swapping 5th rounders...fine....we needed that second...but on the other side wish it was 2nd and 4th straight up

Eh..What are you gonna do? I wanted McPherson but who's to say we would have taken him at 147?We all have our hopefuls but no one gets all their favorites drafted by their favorite team. Just read up on the players we do draft and you'll learn to like them.

I forgot more thngs about studying draft players than you are years old.

If you need some tape on any of the players was drafted let me know-lol

By the way I said I was happy wth the rest of our picks

Lets see what the kids do that we drafted before bashing, my goodness!

I bet McPher stinks!! ooops I guess I should not have said bet!!

byroan said:
I'm sure you were on the phone with him too. We'll never know.

Yes we will...

3rd round: NO McPherson
4th round: NO McPherson

That right there says it all. This guy is a problem child. Saban wants players that don't have moral flags. The only character flags that he seems to tolerate are ones that involve too much anger and passion.

Other than that, he will follow the patriots mold (since he helped define it when Bill and he were Browns coaches).

Personally? I love the idea of a McPherson. But realistically it was never going to happen. Especially in this QB friendly offense? Cunningham flourished--heck even Jeff George flourished. AJ might just be okay.

Chuckenice said:
We should not have traded 5ths with K.C., we should have gotten 1 of their 5ths as well their #2 for Surtain.

If you don't agree with that, you should at least agree that it should have been their first 5th.not their 2nd, moving down 24 spots -- come on man, If your going to play poker, finish the hand.:fire:

I bring this up now because McPherson is gone, and I had hoped for a shot at him. Whether or not Saban would have taken him is a different discussion.

Although, am very happy with rest of our draft :)

Go Dolphins.

I couldn't agree better.... I am pissed that we switched 5th's...At first when I heard we had switch 5th's I thought it was for our benefit, I figured we had moved up in the 5th as well...but when I saw the draft order I was pissed...wtf, KC tried to squeeze out every drop...If anything they should have gave us their 5th for free....This was a minimal mistake on behalf of Saban...I say minimal because it was a 5th rd pick, and I must say even though McPherson was stillavailable, I don't think Saban would've drafted him.

jaketaylor said:
The most honest and true statement of the entire draft.

I sat at home Friday night and thought how happy I really was that Wanny was not sitting on the second overall pick in the draft. Saban could sit blindfolded and drunk throwing darts at a wall covered in random names of college football players and drunken alley bums and STILL get a better result then Wanny ever would have.

Is there any doubt that Wanny would have settled on the 4th rounder for Surtain as well? I won't complain about moving down a couple of picks in the fifth just for that reason.

Cedric_Benson said:
I dont want a QB next year man. I want a QB right now!
and its stupid for him not to draft one and work with him.

That's the problem, too many people are impatient. Maybe Saban didn't like what he saw, or felt we did'nt need one. The only Qb I'd feel comfortable with would have been smith, and I'd rather pass him up than to trade up for it and lose everything. Or maybe reach for someone else in the 2nd or 3rd that shouldn't have been taken. If Saban was deadset on a Qb he probably would have stopped at nothing to make sure we got that Qb, and we would have gotten him. The fact we haven't taken a Qb yet tells me he either didn't want one or didn't think they were good enough to sacrafice a lot for them. (i.e. a trade up, or a reach pick)

Roman529 said:
Guys we can get our QB next year,....be patient.

WHO?

NAME ONE?
We won't touch Leinart, and there is NO ONE ELSE out there. Next year's QB draft is even worse than this one and we all knew that. That's WHY we're all screaming about this outrage. We have to do it now with a trade and it's gonna hurt far worse than it would have through the draft.

Trade for Rivers. Give 'em whatever they want. :yell:

Chuckenice said:
We should not have traded 5ths with K.C., we should have gotten 1 of their 5ths as well their #2 for Surtain.

If you don't agree with that, you should at least agree that it should have been their first 5th.not their 2nd, moving down 24 spots -- come on man, If your going to play poker, finish the hand.:fire:

I bring this up now because McPherson is gone, and I had hoped for a shot at him. Whether or not Saban would have taken him is a different discussion.

Although, am very happy with rest of our draft :)

Go Dolphins.

Don't ignore the fact that KC had a little leverage as well. Saban did NOT want to keep Pats huge salary, and was DESPERATE for a second rounder. KC knew that and they got a little for it. Bottom line, we got the second Saban wanted and most are commending him for not caving early.

Absolutely, especially when you look at the importance of teams drafting cb's high in this years draft.

Gonzo said:
Is there any doubt that Wanny would have settled on the 4th rounder for Surtain as well? I won't complain about moving down a couple of picks in the fifth just for that reason.

Wanny would not have been smart enough to trade him. If he were the coach he would be talking like we were going to go to the Super Bowl this year.

Back
Top Bottom