Not Just A Back-Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Just A Back-Up

Good Work Gram

Very informative and well studied. Good Work!

J

I still think 3 and 6 or longer Minor s/b in there. I really like Minor's ability to break that long one and play smart

Minor only had one Fumble last year. He almost made it through without a fumble but I believe Fumbled against Baltimore.

Insightful...props to gram...and to all the "backups"...This is one of the biggest TEAM sports...and the backups are always valuable to the team.:D

very good article and iwill continue to root for minor liked him alot last years and i realy like the thomas comparison

Originally posted by skippysphins
very good article and iwill continue to root for minor liked him alot last years and i realy like the thomas comparison

Loved the article but as far as the Thomas comparison goes something to keep in mind is 10 years ago the average size of a d-lineman or LB was about 20lbs lighter. The other thing and the only reason Dave doesn't have confidence in Travis as a feature back is longevity. Thomas didn't make it thru 1 season with out missing a couple games if i remember correctly. Dave didn't think Travis could take the abuse from 300 carries a season, and still have enough gas in his tank to carry Miami in the playoffs. All that being said I wouldn't worry at all if Travis had to carry the load for a game or 2. He brings alot of things that RW can't. The 2 of them could form the true "thunder and Lightning" in this league. I really hope to see a 2 back(RW&Minor) 3 wr set on third down this season.

Minor plays like a starter. He runs hard and is a tireless competitor as well as a gracious teamate, as evidenced by his willingness to part ways with his number for Rick, which I might add, he could've really stuck it to Rick, making him break bread or beg for it or something to that effect, and been the first distraction of the year. I commend Minor for his actions and 87 for the spotlight to those actions! By the way, does anybody think putting Minor in the slot on occasion would be beneficial!

Back
Top Bottom