Not sure if this was posted already but here it is.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not sure if this was posted already but here it is....

Migs182005

Finheaven.com Staff Writer
Reaction score
Dolphins | Miami A Destination For Griese? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
January 15, 2003 7:44:03 PT Lynn DeBruin reports for the Rocky Mountain News there is a slight chance Broncos QB Brian Griese could wind up with the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins reportedly are leaning toward signing an experienced quarterback to back up QB Jay Fiedler, and might be interested in signing Griese, according to a report in the Sun-Sentinel. Griese is expected to be cut after June 1 to spread out the salary cap hit that would be connected with his release.

Why would we sign the man who tripped over his dog. Come on people....

Because he has been to th Probowl, shown flashes, and has the infamous "upside"......

Why would the Ravens keep a Linebacker who stabbed a man....?

Or the Giants keep a Kerry Collins who did drugs everyday....?

Or why would the Steelers sign tommy Maddox when he sold insurance?

The NFL is all about 2nd chances, after mistakes. there are countless examples I could give you.

Why would you trade for a Running back that wore a wedding dress on the cover of ESPN the mag?

You see what I mean?

Well done Migs. Great response.

You can add Kerry Collins to your list.

Thanks fin-atic.

and I could go on and on, but i won't bore you.

I think Griese in Miami is a good possibility for the obvious reasons:

1. He loves miami
2. Won't be a starter by the time he's cut
3. Could come into Miami as backup, and be a free agent the next year.
4. Could get a long term contract if gets the starting spot
5. New setting

Of course you have the negatives like lack of motive and drinking, but like a famous man said: the biggest risk, is not taking one.

If we want to win the Super Bowl, we must be bold, and have some guts. That's where Wannstedt comes in. Will he have the guts to do it? we'll find out

Yeah Looks Like Griese is out of Denver , Miami Maybe a good fit for him , But seeing how he will be Cut so Late Chances are he wont give Fielder any Compatition .. as for us In Denver Looks like Elvis Grbac

A player like Griese will easily compete with Fiedler.

From July to August is enough time.

These are starting QB's not, young talent that must have it's skills analyzed.

finding out who should start won't be too hard.

Sorry but Griese will have a hard time competing year one with any team. Coming in after June 1st and learning a new offense will set him back. He has maybe a 20% chance of starting and maybe a 10% chance at starting decently for 2003 if he doesn't get cut till after June 1st.

Spider is right, we have a very complex offense. I doubt he is that smart......

This guy sucks. Griese has done less with MORE. You expect a party city like Miami is going to help him get better...maybe more drunk....and we don;t have WRs like McCaffrey,Smith,Lelie. Come on get real. This guy isn;t even mobile and our offense is for mobile QBs. It is so funny how everyone is asking for a new QB....and I hope maybe Griese starts so you can say like the Lucas Era....ohhhhh I wish Fiedler was starting.

Back
Top Bottom