Not worried about Norvell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not worried about Norvell

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
I know some people around these parts are bummed to see Norv Turner leave for greener pastures ( in his eyes at least), but I, for one, am not. Don't get me wrong, I respect the guy immensly and wish him nothing but the best out here in Oakland, but I don't think we are going to hurt as much from this move as some seem to think.

Whether it was due to lack of talent in some positions (qb comes to mind...) or failing to utilize the talent properly doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is that this offense under Norv Turner, just wasn't getting it done. It was downright atrocious sometimes this year, bordering on unwatchable at times. This team needed and needs to have a new thought process and someoen new telling them the plays. By handing the clipboard over to a newby, perhaps something fresh and new can come from this.

Then again, it may be more of the same with the QB turning around and handing it to Ricky more often than not. And to that I say, good! What better way to build on your few offensive strengths then to have the coach who works closest to him now run things all together?Personally, I am excited about having these new guys here and really think this could catapult this offense form the depths of medocrity into a decent if not consistantly good one.

I applaud the efforts of the front office and Dave Wannstedt for not searching far and wide for a "name" and instead give a loyal worker in Collier, a chance to shine.

Back
Top Bottom