Notes from the Bills game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notes from the Bills game

DaQuix

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if you there in Miami could see the Bills game or not so I decided to post some notes.

Here are the notes I got from the game and people sitting with me:

- This is the first time we have seen Willis McGahee play against some decent players. Starters and some backups. What does he do? He averages 2.5 yards per carry. I also thought he was inconsistent. On the 3 yd TD run he had his speed was wonderful and he got to the outside for the score but then on the next drive he tried twice to get to the outside and was brought down by linebackers after gaining only 1-2 yards. He caught one pass and dropped another one thrown right into his hands. Not sure why. Not sure if it means anything or not but he was holding his knee after one play in the 2nd quarter - whatever.

- Henry (before getting knocked out of the game) looked great. He had a awesome 22 yard run where he broke 2-3 tackles and averaged 3.9 YPC on 7 carries. He had a fumble but I thought the entire play was botched - the handoff wasnt that great and the guy hit him right after the line of scrimmage. Pre-season mistakes ... etc

- Bledsoe looked like an entirely new man. I couldnt believe it. He look poised and yet good with the little time he had to throw. The only mistake IMO he had was to throw that intentional grounding. The Moulds overthrow (towards the endzone on 3rd down), Im not sure what happened. Either Moulds ran the wrong pattern or Bledsoe didnt know that Moulds slowed down because the ball went over everyones head and into the endzone (about 4 yards past Moulds).

- Eric Moulds. Not much to say - he is back to the regular Eric - great catches.

- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put J.P. Losman as the #2 QB next week. I beg the coaching staff. I wanna see him matching up with better players because the guys he is facing now are no match for him. Recievers were NOT getting open for him today and he still managed to throw 66% and run for 43 yards. The kid just looks absolutely amazing. Defenses (up to this point) look stupid trying to stop him.

- Lee Evans did nothing - again. Thats about it.

- Our Special Teams is something SPECIAL this year. Even on the plays that nothing really happened you saw the holes where it could have happened. Last week Reed had a 35 or so yard return and this week McGee had a 85 yard return. Woo - BUT WE NEED Brian Moorman. Best punter in the league IMO.

- Other than the first drive and interference call on Spikes the defence was stellar as usual.

Those are my notes from the game.

Great summary. The only note i would add is that on the first couple drives when the Titans first teamers were in, Troy Vincent was getting burnt on almost every play that came his way. Most think that bringing Vincent in for Winfield was an even trade off. I think it was a pretty serious drop off, and if it continues i wouldn't be suprised to see Mcgee taking over for Vincent before the season's out.

Vincent got burned underneath, on the Titans opening drive all they were throwing is underneath. Vincent never got burned deep....but he got beat on the Calico touchdown where he robbed Vincent.

But, it's only preseason. On those plays he got burned underneath he was 10 yards off the receiver.

DaQuix said:
- This is the first time we have seen Willis McGahee play against some decent players. Starters and some backups. What does he do? He averages 2.5 yards per carry. I also thought he was inconsistent. On the 3 yd TD run he had his speed was wonderful and he got to the outside for the score but then on the next drive he tried twice to get to the outside and was brought down by linebackers after gaining only 1-2 yards. He caught one pass and dropped another one thrown right into his hands. Not sure why. Not sure if it means anything or not but he was holding his knee after one play in the 2nd quarter - whatever.

McGahee has shown no burst yet. He broke tackles better in the first game.

DaQuix said:
- Henry (before getting knocked out of the game) looked great. He had a awesome 22 yard run where he broke 2-3 tackles and averaged 3.9 YPC on 7 carries. He had a fumble but I thought the entire play was botched - the handoff wasnt that great and the guy hit him right after the line of scrimmage. Pre-season mistakes ... etc

He had one good run. The rest was 6 carries for 5 yds.

DaQuix said:
- Bledsoe looked like an entirely new man. I couldnt believe it. He look poised and yet good with the little time he had to throw. The only mistake IMO he had was to throw that intentional grounding. The Moulds overthrow (towards the endzone on 3rd down), Im not sure what happened. Either Moulds ran the wrong pattern or Bledsoe didnt know that Moulds slowed down because the ball went over everyones head and into the endzone (about 4 yards past Moulds).

- Eric Moulds. Not much to say - he is back to the regular Eric - great catches.

Bledsoe and Moulds looked good.

DaQuix said:
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put J.P. Losman as the #2 QB next week. I beg the coaching staff. I wanna see him matching up with better players because the guys he is facing now are no match for him. Recievers were NOT getting open for him today and he still managed to throw 66% and run for 43 yards. The kid just looks absolutely amazing. Defenses (up to this point) look stupid trying to stop him.

Way too early to be talking up Losman, although he has looked good.

DaQuix said:
- Lee Evans did nothing - again. Thats about it.

Lee Evans has been invisible. That should be at least alittle disturbing to Bills fans.

DaQuix said:
- Other than the first drive and interference call on Spikes the defence was stellar as usual.

What??? The Titans starters only played two drives. The first was 16 plays, the second was 10 plays. They moved the ball at will. Brown averaged 6 yards per carry and McNair had all day to throw.

Back
Top Bottom