Notice the Saban Draft Trend? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notice the Saban Draft Trend?

SammySmif

Starter
Reaction score
Every player so far he picked, he faced on the field last year.

Knowing that, will this hold up tomorrow, and if so..who is he getting next?

It's almost like last season, Saban was scouting for the Phins the whole year.

What if he decides to break the trend tomorrow by taking two guys that he coached last year (i.e., Ben Wilkerson and Travis Daniels)?

ok..let's adjust it..he only drafts guys he has been on the field with or against.

gator_sensation said:
I think that if Corey Webster would have fell to us, Saban would have taken him.

if you were to believe his draft day conference you are correct

Phinsfan1980 said:
I wouldn't say its a trend just yet after 3 picks.

That's the proper way to look at it. A sample of 3 is wildly unreliable.

I expect Saban will continue to take productive high energy players from major conferences. That seems to be the approach of highly regarded new coaches coming into the league.

it is unreliable..i agree, but it is interesting..i guarantee seeing these guys in person in games gives nick more confidence in his picks..i think roth really showed him something in the citrus bowl.

If I'm not mistaken these guys not only played against him but were part of the few teams that beat him.

I wish Odell Thurman was still on the board when we drafted Crowder. I'm sure we would have taken him. Another guy from the SEC, and Georgia crushed LSU last season.

SammySmif said:
it is unreliable..i agree, but it is interesting..i guarantee seeing these guys in person in games gives nick more confidence in his picks..i think roth really showed him something in the citrus bowl.

It's more than interesting its clear as day.These guys made an impression playing against him.Some of their profiles on nfl.com mentioned strong attitudes displayed during those LSU games.

Back
Top Bottom