Now Official: The Dolphins Are Hiring Patriots Wr Coach Chad O'shea As Their New Offensive Coordinat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Official: The Dolphins Are Hiring Patriots Wr Coach Chad O'shea As Their New Offensive Coordinat

Anyone but Gase is ok with me (except linehan or lazor)

Good situation for O’Shea. Tough to have a worse offense than gase did in this three years.

Is it me or does he look like a young JOE PHILBIN. :wacky

giphy.gif

Like many people, I was hoping for a hotshot OC to generate a dominant and exciting offense. Yes, the Sean McVay mold. Yes, I'm aware that in the 3 years we had Gase, who was billed as being one of those guys, he never produced that kind of offense. But if we're going to have one of those guys, our best shot is Chad O'Shea. Yes, @SkapePhin he's not going to be the most camera-friendly guy on our staff. He does kinda look like he was a Slytherin. But as @DolfanISS states below, this scheme seems to work.

… When I watch Pats games I find there is always a guy WIDE OPEN in the middle. Sign me up for that.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to a passing game that gets guys wide open by pick plays. And yeah, I'm looking forward to a scheme that helps mask mediocre OL. And yeah, I'm looking forward to a play caller who runs against a 5 man box. This may not be the perfect guy, but there's a lot to look forward to from a scheme perspective. If we're going to score a lot of points, this is the guy who needs to show us that he is more than simply another cog in the Belichick machine. Fingers crossed he does.

I’d rather be raiding the Patriots than the Bears, Bengals or Browns or other consistently mediocre or worse coaching staffs. Let’s bring some guys with a winning culture that want to show they have the ability to step out of Belichick’s shadow and stand on their own.
Maybe, but the coaching tree of the former Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is probably more successful than the coaching tree of Belichick. The Bears coach, Matt Nagy, while new, is out of the Andy Reid coaching tree which is the most successful at the moment. As far as predictors of success, I'd say both the Bears and the Bengals have a higher predictor of success than the Patriot coaches. I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong though, LOL.

Just like the HC, underwhelming/where's the resume ? Will give both a chance but really need them to prove their credentials rather than getting any benefit of the doubt.

This raiding the Pats thing is making me nervous.

Why can't we hire some of their players instead?

If anything this makes me more comfortable.

Where else are you going to find people that have more experience with winning and know what it looks, taste, feels like?

The only knock(and it's a big one, certainly) is that they're not as hungry as someone that's had little to no success previously.

Wilson and Grant are pretty good at getting yac as long as you hit them in stride. Should get a lot more than 5 yards if done correctly.

Can you imagine if Wilson and/or Grant played with Tom Brady in that offense?

Can you imagine if Wilson and/or Grant played with Tom Brady in that offense?

With weapons like Wilson and Grant around, there is a danger of winning too many games in 2019 if the goal is to end up with a Top 5 pick. For this reason, I could see Grier handcuffing the team with a truly scrub QB to ensure they can't even win by accident.

With weapons like Wilson and Grant around, there is a danger of winning too many games in 2019 if the goal is to end up with a Top 5 pick. For this reason, I could see Grier handcuffing the team with a truly scrub QB to ensure they can't even win by accident.

I mentioned that in another thread. The team has too much talent to win only a few games. Consider this, if the FO is truly building this team in the trenches for a QB in 2020 then the OL should be improved. Both in terms of talent and especially in the coaching department (Which I've always felt previously was the teams biggest weakness)

An improved OL buys more time for those receivers and backs to get open passing and ideally running the ball too.

Back
Top Bottom