Now on Broadway: Dayne as Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now on Broadway: Dayne as Ricky Williams

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1713630

"Dayne took over the starting job in the backfield Wednesday as the Giants (2-1) prepared for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins (2-1).

There was a catch, though. Dayne's No. 27 was covered over by a red mesh slip with the No. 34 on it.

His starting job was simulating Dolphins' running back Ricky Williams for the Giants' defense. "

How in the hell can Ron Dayne simulate Ricky? I know, I'll bet they put a dreadlock wig on him and made him carry his Heisman instead of the football.

""He wasn't in the right situation in New Orleans," Dayne said. "Once he got down to Miami and they gave him an opportunity, the team was his, like it was in college. He made a lot of plays and became the focal point. It's a big difference.""

Ron Dayne is delusional if he thinks there is any opportunity on any team in the NFL for him to do what he did in college. And the Giants are delusional if they think using Ron Dayne in practice will help them prepare for facing Ricky.

Dayne is the closest thing they've got to Ricky. So why not??

Did they put the "34" on the back of his jersey too?It seems logical, since that's the side of Ricky they will see the most.

Dayne: "I want to be Ricky."

Barber: "That's not fair. You got to be Ricky last time!"

Originally posted by Muck
Dayne is the closest thing they've got to Ricky. So why not??

Yes he is, but that ain't sayin' a whole lot. I think the comparison ends at the fact that they are both big physical guys. Just because they tackle a bigger guy in practice doesn't mean they will be prepared for Ricky's speed, vision, and sheer will not to be brought down by arm tackles. And what about when Ricky lines up wide? You put that turd Dayne out wide in practice and the defense is pi$$ing in their pants from laughing so hard. Come game time, they'll be pi$$ing in their pants for an entirely different reason when the real #34 lines up out there. I just thought the article was amusing Muck, and now you had to go and ruin my fun. Thanks alot. :cry:

Good, let them practice against and get used to defending against Ron Dayne... Because Ricky is like the Bionic version of Ron Dayne. Same size(ish) but freakishly superior in almost every other way... Speed, Vision, Patience, Acceleration, Durability...

By the way Ricky hasn't broken any REAL long runs yet this year... I think this will be the game he gets at least 1 40+ yarder.

I really think it was the ankle. Just didn't seem like the same back to me. 2 weeks off should have helped it heal up. He'll bust plenty from here on out.

Dayne is like Ricky in that he is strong, but his speed is no where near Ricky's. However, Dayne is the closest Giants RB to Ricky.

Originally posted by Muck
I really think it was the ankle. Just didn't seem like the same back to me. 2 weeks off should have helped it heal up. He'll bust plenty from here on out.

Well he did have that 50 yarder on the penalty that wasn't. There is no reason why he shouldn't break one soon. I think that once Ricky and two of the new linemen get into a rythmn, his running will improve overall (not that he has been bad so far).

Originally posted by Scrappy Dew

Dayne: "I want to be Ricky."

Barber: "That's not fair. You got to be Ricky last time!"

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I think Tiki Barber is the closest thing they have to Ricky. If anyone has seen Dayne run you know that he runs with the physicality of 6 year old girl. And I say that hoping not to offend any six year old girls who play football.

dayne was great in college....he broke ricky's record...i will never forget watching dayne bust long runs for wisconsin, he was fast and a bull, i was so excited but he has been a bust....
i think dayne just needs a change of pace, he is alot like ricky in ways, dayne gets strong as the game goes on and with us having tiki dayne isnt going to get 25+carries...
i remember a few years ago dayne had like 28 carries for 126 yards, he went crazy at the end...
i could say dayne a patriot soon if their running game reamins non existent

Back
Top Bottom