Now that Dans out go after Scott Pioli of the Pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Dans out go after Scott Pioli of the Pats

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This guy will be the perfect choice for VP. He could help out Spielman in the drafts and would weaken our division rivals personnel dpt. :) . And now we can talk to him since there are no more games.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
This guy will be the perfect choice for VP. He could help out Spielman in the drafts and would weaken our division rivals personnel dpt. :) . And now we can talk to him since there are no more games.

Why would he leave the Pats? They've been successful and their future is bright. Our organization looks like an uncontrolled zoo.

Re: Re: Now that Dans out go after Scott Pioli of the Pats

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Why would he leave the Pats? They've been successful and their future is bright. Our organization looks like an uncontrolled zoo.

For a promotion to a Vice President position. Its a promotion nevertheless. The Pats probably would not grant us permission.

Re: Re: Re: Now that Dans out go after Scott Pioli of the Pats

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305

For a promotion to a Vice President position. Its a promotion nevertheless. The Pats probably would not grant us permission.

I thought you didn't need permission if the job interviewing for is a promotion over current position?

Could be wrong though....just thought I saw that somewhere.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Now that Dans out go after Scott Pioli of the Pats

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I thought you didn't need permission if the job interviewing for is a promotion over current position?

Could be wrong though....just thought I saw that somewhere.

I think that depends on the contract. It wouldn't happen though, that was a position that we never had and probably won't have anytime soon. We created it for Dan, I think the only reason we may bring someone in for that position is if Wayne is desperate to dismiss the ideas that Dan was a figurehead.Not bringing someone in admits that it wasn't a necessary position to fill.

Scott Pioli is currently Vice President of Football Operations for the patriots. I don't know that this would be a promotion at all, because Spielman has control of personnel issues. If we were trying to hire Pioli to be GM and be in charge of football operations, he'd come. But we've already hired Spielman for that. With Dan's particular position being more of a figurehead position anyway I doubt Pioli would even consider it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Scott Pioli is currently Vice President of Football Operations for the patriots. I don't know that this would be a promotion at all, because Spielman has control of personnel issues. If we were trying to hire Pioli to be GM and be in charge of football operations, he'd come. But we've already hired Spielman for that. With Dan's particular position being more of a figurehead position anyway I doubt Pioli would even consider it.

K...wasn't sure what position Pioli was in at NE.

Our organization looks like an uncontrolled zoo???

Oh boy, until the draft and free agency here we go with all this "we suck" stuff.

Same thing every year.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28

Oh boy, until the draft and free agency here we go with all this "we suck" stuff.

Same thing every year.

I was thinking the same thing. I can understand anyone being upset about yesterday's happenings, but the whole we suck attitude some have is just down right depressing!

Oliver...

Hmm maybe Pioli is in the picture after all. Seems he's the VP of Player Personnel, not necessarily Football Operations.

I just don't think we're going to lure him out of New England to once again play second fiddle to another guy on Personnel issues.

Just give Spielman the full bit of power. He's a real up and coming young talent.

Same thing every year.

Good point. There's some real opportunity here. The names that were tossed around this morning would all probably be better fits than Marino: Jimmy, The Don, Bill Walsh (who won't come, but whose name I'll write because it was mentioned) and interestingly, Bernie Kosar and Bob Griese. Griese's probably out, since we're cutting his kid, but Kosar might be a really good choice. Unlike Marino, Kosar's been dying to get back into football as an executive.

Same thing every year.

Like it or not...that's how the organization looks to many. You'd have to be an ostrich not to see it.

That said, I've also stated in several places that I don't think this recent happening has changed anything as far as the outlook for the team next year. We've still brought in fresh, proven coaches at many positions and have the opportunity to fix the offense and have a great year.

I don't believe I "ever" said we suck.

Hey Navy that's the extremist on this board. As soon as you disagree with something they translate it into you hate the Fins and think they suck.

Reality is that we do have some new coaches. But at the end of the day it is still WanSpeil. A combination that has not been succesful in getting us over the hump.

I am now less optimistic than I was when I believed Marino would influence personell decisions.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Hey Navy that's the extremist on this board. As soon as you disagree with something they translate it into you hate the Fins and think they suck.

Reality is that we do have some new coaches. But at the end of the day it is still WanSpeil. A combination that has not been succesful in getting us over the hump.

I am now less optimistic than I was when I believed Marino would influence personell decisions.
It is NOT WannSpiel.....it is SpielWann.....:lol:

Kosar has been dying to get into the Browns for years. Ever since they were resurrected in '99. I guess he and the Lerner's never got along once they canned Chris Palmer. They tolerated him but I guess palmer was the one who wanted him around, although it was never in any official capacity.

All things considered, he might be the only choice now.
:stooges:

Back
Top Bottom