Now that Mike Williams has enter the Draft do you think we get Roy Williams. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Mike Williams has enter the Draft do you think we get Roy Williams.

RunRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would love to see us draft Roy Williams he is Big, Strong & Fast. He would also be a former Long Horns and that would be the second Long Horn on this team..... Just imagine Chamber & Roy what a team that would be..... :sleep:

Where is chambersownz when you need him? He is the resident wide receiver beaver here. He oculd probably tell ya who, what, when and where Miami picks up our wide receiver.

P.S. regarding the where, no need for any local smart asses to conclude at the 20th pick. I am well aware of our location and stinging comments will not be appreciated. Thank you. :lol:

LOL, Boomer & S-Mad are the dudes. I just love the position because I played it(not anymore in my senior year, too many problems with the coaches and my mouth).

Anyways.. I don't see Roy Williams having much of a chance at slipping that far. He's without a question the 3rd best receiver in this draft. With Philly and Baltimore hot for TO, I could see the Jets snatching Roy at #12. He's one of those players that would be too good to pass up for other teams like Buffalo, TB, and SF. I'd love to trade up right ahead of NYJ if he were still to be there. Roy-Will is a stud.

Imagine Roy Williams & Chris Chambers? Please don't let me visualize that. :tongue:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
LOL, Boomer & S-Mad are the dudes. I just love the position because I played it(not anymore in my senior year, too many problems with the coaches and my mouth).

Anyways.. I don't see Roy Williams having much of a chance at slipping that far. He's without a question the 3rd best receiver in this draft. With Philly and Baltimore hot for TO, I could see the Jets snatching Roy at #12. He's one of those players that would be too good to pass up for other teams like Buffalo, TB, and SF. I'd love to trade up right ahead of NYJ if he were still to be there. Roy-Will is a stud.

Imagine Roy Williams & Chris Chambers? Please don't let me visualize that. :tongue:

All good points. However what about FA. Bruce (maybe) Jackson, nothcutt, as you said TO etc may change the landscape. I dont think we would get Roy at 20 but I would be interested in how you think the FA marketplace may change who takes a WR where.

I doubt we'll get Roy Williams, but it'd be awesome if he somehow slipped to us.

The heirarchy of WR's in the 2004 Draft:

Top tier - Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams
Second tier - Roy Williams
Third tier - Reggie Williams
Fourth tier - Michael Clayton, Michael Jenkins, Lee Evans, Rashaun Woods

All are great players... but I really hope we get either Roy or Reggie. I'm not sold on Clayton or Jenkins.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

All good points. However what about FA. Bruce (maybe) Jackson, nothcutt, as you said TO etc may change the landscape. I dont think we would get Roy at 20 but I would be interested in how you think the FA marketplace may change who takes a WR where.

I don't see us going the FA route for receiver. I see us looking at Villarial and another OL(Woody is the hopeful, but then again, expensive). Look for 2 starters on the OL to be targeted in FA, and WR in the draft.

Well, I for one am not looking forward to Roy Williams if he were to come to Miami. He would make Ricky Williams jersey change and mine would be irrelevant. The back of his jeresey would then have to be Ri. Williams

Back
Top Bottom