Now that Pitt won, I bet..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Pitt won, I bet.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Our players are kicking themselves in the ass and they should now that we are holding on to a 4th seed... I wouldnt doubt that they figured the Raiders would lose to the Broncos and that the Steelers would lose to T Bay...now things have turned against us and the odds are getting worse....I hope this is a wake up call for our team...If they want to redeem themselves this Sunday will be the time to do it....What are the chances that

Baltimore beats Pittsburgh?
GBay beats NYJets?
Houston beats Tennesse?
KC beats Oak?

and last but not least we beat the Patriots....

With the way things have gone this season anything can happened, like we said in the beggening of the season we have to finish strong and its still not to late to accomplish that,Its not over till its over and with a pumped up Dolphin team this Sunday we can actually clear a #1 seed.

I think the 4th seed is better than the 3rd right now. I'd rather head to Pittsburgh in round 2 then head to Oakland.

I would rather the SB not go through Oak period....Ive been there for games and its not a pretty place to play in....but we've won there before 3 times in a row....and we've beat them before this season....

I put the odds of the above happening in this order.

1. GBay beats NYJets
2. Baltimore beats Pittsburgh
3. Miami beats New England
4. KC beats Oakland
5. Texans beat the Titans

Together, those five games constitute the games we as fans should be paying attention to next week. However, the premise of this thread, that the players thought Denver would beat Oakland and that Tampa would beat Pitt, is stupid. I doubt the players thought that. I doubt the players even thought ABOUT that. In general, the only people out there that obsess about playoff scenarios the past 3 weeks are the NFL media, SOME coaches, and obsessed message board football fans.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I think the 4th seed is better than the 3rd right now. I'd rather head to Pittsburgh in round 2 then head to Oakland.

Check the facts jack. As of today Pitt will not host a 2nd round game. They would travel to either Oak or Tenn if they win in the wild card game.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I would rather the SB not go through Oak period....Ive been there for games and its not a pretty place to play in....but we've won there before 3 times in a row....and we've beat them before this season....

As I remember it, they shut us out 2 years ago in the playoffs. The game after Lamar ran for 200+ on the colts and then didn't run for over 40 against the Raiders. I am only concerned with one thing, beating New England this week, I could care less what other teams do right now.

Originally posted by chambers84
I am only concerned with one thing, beating New England this week, I could care less what other teams do right now.
this is a good point, focus on "win and we're in!":D

I just want to get in,FOrget where we land, if we want to win this thing(which doesnt look good) We need to beat everyone in the afc that we face! if not we dont deserve to be in

Truth is, the Broncos and Cheifs scare me more than the Steelers and Titans. I think we can matchup very well with TENN.

Oakland definitely scares me the most of all. Lets hope we beat the Pats and get some good luck in terms of playoff scheduling.

I would give anything to not have the Raiders be champs. I cannot stand that team and their fans. I don't want to have ot listen to it for a year, as I live nearby Oakland. I don't think we can grab a number one seed anymore. The best we can do is number two is the Raiders and Steelers lose, and Miami wins. It can happen but both teams in question are still playing for playoff positioning and will be quite motivated.

Originally posted by chambers84
As I remember it, they shut us out 2 years ago in the playoffs. The game after Lamar ran for 200+ on the colts and then didn't run for over 40 against the Raiders. I am only concerned with one thing, beating New England this week, I could care less what other teams do right now.

That's how I remember it too, and that's not a pretty memory.

Back
Top Bottom