Now that Surtain and Knight are gone who will be our PLAYMAKERS in the secondary? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Surtain and Knight are gone who will be our PLAYMAKERS in the secondary?

Arturo Freeman played a little bit better then average last season, i think if we didn't have Y. Bell, he'd still be here. So i think they definitly see something in Bell.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
how close did you watch the Dolphins?

Not every game, but quite a few...i just don't remember him making any great plays, i remeber Welker, Bua, and some others...I just don't remeber Bell taking any to the house, laying any big hits, or any of that.

Did he?

Losman7 said:
Not every game, but quite a few...i just don't remember him making any great plays, i remeber Welker, Bua, and some others...I just don't remeber Bell taking any to the house, laying any big hits, or any of that.

Did he?

Funny I dont remember Losman making and big plays either, only a Place Kicker looking throw. But your looking at Losmans potential correct, not soley basing it off of last year I hope. And the fact you dont hear a DB's name is normally a good thing. Means he wasnt getting burned.

Losman7 said:
Why is that, because he was a sixth rounder who hasn't shown much of anything yet, or because he had to walk on to EASTERN KENTUCKY!!

What is the reason, seriously?? What is this prediction based on?

I've based it on his last 2 years of TC..last year he had made enough advancement to be considered for the starting role until his injury. His first year he show enough to be place on the PS, actually almost made the 53 man roster, but we had too much money committed to the position...So I'm thinking that if he continues to improve, that this year he could be a factor on the team.

FinaticPatch said:
Funny I dont remember Losman making and big plays either, only a Place Kicker looking throw. But your looking at Losmans potential correct, not soley basing it off of last year I hope. And the fact you dont hear a DB's name is normally a good thing. Means he wasnt getting burned.

Absolutly, all I asked is if he made any play, Losman played clean up duty in like 3 games, this guy apparently started a few games, so I expect him to make some plays.

MDFINFAN said:
I've based it on his last 2 years of TC..last year he had made enough advancement to be considered for the starting role until his injury. His first year he show enough to be place on the PS, actually almost made the 53 man roster, but we had too much money committee to the position...So I'm thinking that if he continues to improve, that this year he could be a factor on the team.

He was injurded last year at the begining of the season?

so, was it Freeman that was brought in to replace him?

madison will be the playmaker, with 3 INTs on the year. :eek:

Losman7 said:
Absolutly, all I asked is if he made any play, Losman played clean up duty in like 3 games, this guy apparently started a few games, so I expect him to make some plays.
According to my memory and NFL.com he didnt satrt a single game last year. But was very solid as a reserve and has looked very good in preseason and training camos recently. All about potential.

Losman7 said:
See, that makes sense. I don't remeber him that well, he didn't do much did he?

Well considering he was injured, he wouldn't, would he?

Bell has the tools to be a good to above average safety, as long as he can stay healthy.

Also, everyone should remember antuan edwards started for the team in the beginning of the year. but was then cut halfway through.

Losman7 said:

Did he?

made a real nice hit in the endzone to break up a play.

Plus the fact that you didn't know who he was does show that he wasn't burned when he was in.

He has the talent to be a big play player. We will see if he has the ability

Losman7 said:
He was injurded last year at the begining of the season?

so, was it Freeman that was brought in to replace him?

No, Freeman was resigned to start, but Bell started outplaying him in TC, and was a threat to start, then he got injuried and Freeman had the spot to himself.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Madison is still solid whenhe has good help around him....

I also think Daniels is going to be a great addition. The thing that surprised me the most about him is that he doesn't look anything like a rookie. I could hardly tell after watching him at camp. He looked better than most of our more experienced DB's out there....

I was reading one of the football magazines last night in a Barnes and Noble, in this magazine they talked about all the teams drafts, then ended with best Pick, Biggest Mistake, and player that will surprise.

For us, they wrote that the player that will surprise is Daniels, even though he still has not hit his stride yet (Not going to be a play maker for a while), he knows Saban's system, and shouldl be dependable, at the very least he will be solid. Put him on the other side of Madison, get a good pass rush going, and he should be fine.

Oh, and by the way They wrote Brown for Best Pick, and the way us fans are behaving after only one losing season in a very long time as the Biggest mistake.....they wrote for us to chill. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom