Now that Tenn and Indy lost | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Tenn and Indy lost

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Now that Indy and Tenn lost it's more then likely that if the Fins don't somehow win the division that the Patriots will have a first round bye. That is just unreal that this will be the 2nd time in three years that they will have a bye and the Fins haven't had one in 10 years, and they have had better teams in the last few then this Patriot team.

Hell last years team was much better and they didnt' even make the playoffs, I am really starting to believe more and more that coaching is a huge advantage.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
That is just unreal that this will be the 2nd time in three years that they will have a bye and the Fins haven't had one in 10 years, and they have had better teams in the last few then this Patriot team.

kinda reminds me of the marlins two world championships compared to zero for the red sox over the past billion years :lol:

If Miami wins out, and the loser of the Titans/Colts game next week loses 1 game in their other 3 games left..

Miami will have the 5th seed..

Miami will have ot win out though.. No small task..

If Miami wins out, then that means the Pats get another loss. What if they loose one more also? Where does that put the Fins?

Re: Re: Now that Tenn and Indy lost

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

kinda reminds me of the marlins two world championships compared to zero for the red sox over the past billion years :lol:

whoa whoa whoa... don't need t bring my sox into this ;) i think it's because the yankees buy everything.. i wouldn't be surprised in GS tried to gain control of MLB...

ANYWAY... coaching is important. but it's the players as well. you must have heart, and i can't think of 1 player on the pats who don't. its a shame because miami is a hot spot for stars and i believe sometimes the players get sucked into that.

Originally posted by K-Rob
If Miami wins out, then that means the Pats get another loss. What if they loose one more also? Where does that put the Fins?

If Miami wins out.. And Pats lose to Bills or Jets other than Miami with a 2-2 record to end the season..

Miami would win the division because of the better division record than the Pats..

Alot of scenarios.. I have hope for this team to get 4 more wins this year..

Perfect scenario: Miami wins out, Pats lose to the Jags, Winner of the Colts/Titans game loses 2/3 to end the season while the loser also loses 2/3, then Miami would be the 2nd seed and would have a bye.

BUT, it ain't gonna happen.

Originally posted by muddaconch
Perfect scenario: Miami wins out, Pats lose to the Jags, Winner of the Colts/Titans game loses 2/3 to end the season while the loser also loses 2/3, then Miami would be the 2nd seed and would have a bye.

Probably not, but you never know.

Even though there were/are many other chances if it comes down to that, the missed FG against the Pats could cost the Fins the division and a first round bye. :fire:

Originally posted by muddaconch

you never know stranger things have happened ... just look at at last year FOR GOD SAKES CLEVELAND MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND THE GOSH AWFUL JETS MADE THE PLAYOFFS :(

Originally posted by mike_vee
you never know stranger things have happened ... just look at at last year FOR GOD SAKES CLEVELAND MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND THE GOSH AWFUL JETS MADE THE PLAYOFFS :(
THE JETS WHERE AFC EAST CHAMPS ... I FEEL SICK NOW THAT I SAID THAT ...... BBBBBBBBBB SORRY I GOT TO GO PUKE NOW !!

Hmm lets see yeah I guess thats about right if Miami wins out but the Patriots don't drop any games against the Jets, Bills, or Jags, then the best we could hope for is the 5th seed.

I guess the only advantage with that is getting the opportunity to play either the Bengals or the Ravens for the wildcard round. But the Bengals and Ravens are lookin pretty good right now. It is well to remember we barely beat the Ravens in our own house, and both the Ravens and Bengals are merely 1 game behind us in the standings. I never thought they'd be respectable this year. They get to beat up on Cleveland and Pittsburgh, but technically speaking we got to beat up on the Jets and Bills...Skins, Giants, Chargers.

This means Miami has yet to really prove they belong with the big boys. They lost to the Colts and Titans. They lost to the Patriots. If they don't beat the Pats and go 9-4 this week, I'm afraid that Miami is destined for AT BEST another first round playoff loss. They gotta prove this week that they have made a turnaround since Fiedler came back into the offense...that they are a DIFFERENT TEAM altogether.

If Miami wins out, there will be six games played after next week whose result - on its own - could improve Miami's playoff position:

A second loss by the loser of Sunday's Colts-Titans game would give Miami the #1 wildcard.

A Patriots loss in the final three weeks would give Miami the AFC East.

Getting a playoff bye is far less likely: it would require both a Pats loss (after the Miami game) as well as TWO losses by the winner of the Colts-Titans game. We'd need three out of six games to go our way, for a bye.

But as we've seen before, it's always possible until it isn't.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Hmm lets see yeah I guess thats about right if Miami wins out but the Patriots don't drop any games against the Jets, Bills, or Jags, then the best we could hope for is the 5th seed.

I guess the only advantage with that is getting the opportunity to play either the Bengals or the Ravens for the wildcard round. But the Bengals and Ravens are lookin pretty good right now. It is well to remember we barely beat the Ravens in our own house, and both the Ravens and Bengals are merely 1 game behind us in the standings. I never thought they'd be respectable this year. They get to beat up on Cleveland and Pittsburgh, but technically speaking we got to beat up on the Jets and Bills...Skins, Giants, Chargers.

This means Miami has yet to really prove they belong with the big boys. They lost to the Colts and Titans. They lost to the Patriots. If they don't beat the Pats and go 9-4 this week, I'm afraid that Miami is destined for AT BEST another first round playoff loss. They gotta prove this week that they have made a turnaround since Fiedler came back into the offense...that they are a DIFFERENT TEAM altogether.

Couldn't agree anymore with you Ckparrothead. I think if miami loses against new england then we are either destined to a first roudn playoff exit or if we lose anymore games then we won't go to the playoffs.

New England has a chance of winning the division unless either they lose against us and lose to either jacksonville, buffalo or the jets.

Even if we win, we will have to face the Eagles, jets and buffalo and we have to win them all if we want to go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom