Now, where do we go on draft day... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now, where do we go on draft day...

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
So we have our Future superstar franchise QB we've been wanting.....kinda. And with Mike Williams entering the draft the WR depth is even deeper. Without a doubt there will be a Woods or a Williams or a Jenkins setting at #20. We can't pass him up IMO. Gallery and Andrews are the only two OT's that I believe could make an impact in their first year. We all know Gallery won't make it past #5. And some say Andrews could be even better if he keeps his weight down. We must go WR in the 1st round. And if we get a pick for Ogun.... get 2 WR's in the 1st. :lol: One of them has to be good. Let's get AJ some weapons.

another thought is that becuase of all these WR's entering teh market, there will be some cuts on teams of some good WR's in the summer. We could end up with 2 more WR and letting Thompson go.

Still under plan is

1a. Phillip Rivers
1b. insert wide receiver here
3a. D-line
3b. offensive line (prospect guard)

I think we still would take Rivers

We still only have two QBs - Feely, Sage

Fiedler and Brian get released

Rivers can sit out all of next year learn the playbook, study

If Miami takes a QB, it will be late in the draft. They are investing in AJ Feeley, and they aren't going to use another premium pick on a QB.

Miami will target wide receiver and offensive line. They will probably come out of the first round, after Ogunleye is traded, with Reggie Williams at WR and Vernon Carey at OG.

I love Cary but think it would be a HUGE mistake to not get either Henson or Rivers. No way I put the most important position on the field in the hands of Sage and AJ. I know a rookie would not have more experience but we have the security of proven college talent if AJ goes poorly. The other option is a vet. At this point I would not cry over kitna, gannon, or even bake to duke it out. At least they have experience.

It all really depends on what we do in free agency. If we go after lineman then we will probably draft receiver or vice versa.

I hope we draft wide receiver in round one and address the o-line problem in free agency. We're already bringing back Todd Wade. So we should be set at tackle for this season.

2004 Miami Dolphins

QB - AJ Feeley

HB - Ricky Williams
FB - Rob Konrad

LT - Wade Smith
LG - Vernon Carey
C- Seth McKinney
RG - *Free Agent*
RT - Todd Wade
TE - Randy McMichael

WR - Chris Chambers
WR - Rashaun Woods

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I love Cary but think it would be a HUGE mistake to not get either Henson or Rivers. No way I put the most important position on the field in the hands of Sage and AJ. I know a rookie would not have more experience but we have the security of proven college talent if AJ goes poorly. The other option is a vet. At this point I would not cry over kitna, gannon, or even bake to duke it out. At least they have experience.

You don't spend high draft picks in consecutive drafts on quarterbacks. When you get a young quarterback like AJ Feeley, give up a potential second round pick for him, and give him $17.5 million over 5 years, you are making a commitment to that quarterback to be your starter. In three years, if he isn't putting up Matt Hasselbeck numbers, I'll eat my hat. IMO, Feeley is better now than Hasselbeck was in 2001 when Miami offered their first round pick for him.

Bring in a veteran to be the #2 QB like Seattle did with Trent Dilfer.

Miami is now in a position where they can address their other main offensive needs, which are wide receiver and offensive guard.

I'll say this again, if we lose Ogun, we might take a DE in the 1st round and then a WR or a lineman for offence. Not saying that's what I'd do, but they might go that way. No way do we take 2 WR's in round one.Also, Wade might be going too so we need to get RT in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

I have seen somewhere that the dolphins at the combine were interviewing other QB and not those projected in the 1st Round. The Kid from Michigan was one of them, They might be thinking QB with the 3rd round pick!! WR with the 1st then fill holes/depht with the o-line with the rest of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom