Now would be a good time to trade..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now would be a good time to trade.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Cardinals | Looking To Add a CB - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 12:56:17 -0700

The Arizona Republic reports the Arizona Cardinals will be searching around the league for a cornerback when more cuts occur on June 1.

Cmon Wann/Speil work some magic here.....Rodgers and Fletcher wouldnt be so bad for a 3rd or 4th rd pick at least.;)

Good point. They play zone I believe and that is the system Fletcher can really thrive in. Thomas Jones and my guess is a third or fourth rounder. No I am serious. Fletcher is considered an excellent #3 corner by the rest of the league.

Since when is Fletcher known as an excellent 3rd CB? If anything, he's known as a possible talent who might be cast in the wrong system.

No way we'd be gettin a 3rd for Fletch and Rodgers.

Check reviews of the Dolphins on the outside CK.

I've seen plenty. But a national media source who doesn't have time to search through and find out about our disappointment with Fletcher, looks at our CB trio and sees Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, and First Round CB and says "the dolphins have a good trio of CBs"

Ask a coach, or better yet a player, and they know better. Those who know, know Fletcher to be a guy who has struggled in the Dolphins system of press man coverage, and THAT is what I've seen written down on paper coming from any source that does research before they make blanket statements.

And you can bet the Cards would be doing all the research they could on him before they would be completing any trade...and then they will have seen what we have seen.

You may have a point there. Atleast he will be playing on the outside this year, and not in his burn zone which is the slot.

I might have to disagree with ck on the point that Rodgers and Fletcher wouldn't land us a fourth or possibly a third. The Cardinels need help and players like Fletcher and Rodgrs would help them greatly. They may not necessarily helpout Miami as much as they would Arizona. Plus, it isn't like they would be doing us a favor by taking on salary, the have plenty of room, last I checked anyhow. I imagine a fourth could be very doable and with Spielman's negotiating tactics, he could possibly squeeze out a third.

I don't know why people give up on players so quick..Remember last season was Fletcher first season receiving significant numbers.Fletcher has the talent to be a great starting CB but it just doesn't happen overnight.CB is the hardest position to play in any football level.He was starting to look comfortable last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ckparrothead

And you can bet the Cards would be doing all the research they could on him before they would be completing any trade...and then they will have seen what we have seen.

then again, they are the cards:lol: ...maybe we should offer fletcher and rodgers for 2 number ones

i would not give up on fletcher yet, he worked his ass off this offseason in the weight room as well as watching tape to improve, its time for him to show the organisation and all the doubters out there that he was worth to pass up on guys like brees, bell or polley or even fred smoot, i really think even if he is not made for our scheme, with adding some bulk to his body, he is now more prepared to handle the physical part that our DB´s have to bring to the table, so lets hope that buckley can help him out too.

I am looking forward to see a different fletcher this year, because i think its his last chance to shine

GO Miami

Originally posted by Jaj
You may have a point there. Atleast he will be playing on the outside this year, and not in his burn zone which is the slot.

He played the outside last year.....Surtain played the slot.

you guys need to take into consideration also that Fletcher had a mediocre season last season.....Im hearing T-Buck & Lowe are actually beating him out and hes not looking improved at all in camp....which means his value could go down if we wait and he has a bad season.....right now the Cardinals maybe thinking "First Rd pick that improved last year"...If we are gonna act we should do it now....

surtain or madison should get you a good 3rd rounder too.. i am sure either would be happy to move to a different division than the one moulds is in. :D

Is it just impossible for you to keep the smack off the main board tatonka?....because if it is...we can restrict your access to smack only.....if that would help???

I want to win it all in 2003 and who cares (now) about 2004...g-d forbid that a CB or 2 might get hurt in TC....so keep Fletch for insurance. He does not hit us ag the cap too bad. Now Rodgers can go hit guys in the head with chairs someplace else...

Back
Top Bottom