Nugget In a Prisco Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nugget In a Prisco Article

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7241933

The Dolphins are excited about left tackle Wade Smith, who started as a rookie last year. Coach Dave Wannstedt said that Smith, who was undersized last year, has bulked up and is much stronger. Smith showed good feet as a rookie, and strength was the major concern. With a bulked-up Smith and free-agent guard Jeno James on the left side, expect that to be the strength of the Dolphins line. Wannstedt expects major improvement from center Seth McKinney, but the right side is in flux. There is a chance the Dolphins could use their first-round pick on a tackle, maybe Shawn Andrews of Arkansas.

Sorry by "Dave's" opinion is not that reassuring. Wade got beat...a lot last year.

Lets hope he improves and is everything we want. I am pulling for him.

thats a huge hope they are placing on a young talent. Lets hope he is ready to step up which he has already started the process with bulking up.

Am I the only one who see Andrews as a guard in the NFL, not a tackle? Granted I am not a big Razorback fan.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Sorry by "Dave's" opinion is not that reassuring. Wade got beat...a lot last year.

Lets hope he improves and is everything we want. I am pulling for him.

Yeah so much so he made a couple all-rookie teams, oh wait.

Oliver...

Originally posted by baccarat
Am I the only one who see Andrews as a guard in the NFL, not a tackle? Granted I am not a big Razorback fan.

No more than likely if the FO drafted Andrews in the 1st he would become our starting RG. He has the best run blocking skills in the draft. (Or one of the best for those who disagree). He would make an excellent RG, but he would have to keep his weight down in order to pull and trap in our offensive system.

I think Andrews will be better as a tackle than as a guard. I don't think he will be able to pull well enough to be a guard.

I have seen the Razorbacks a few times, and I'll say this, Andrews is a mauler, I don't think he has the Finesse to pull as a guard, but as a RT the guy is a beast that just plays with DE's.

Prisco said something nice about Dave and the Dolphins???? I'm impressed! Seriously, wasn't that what all the reports on Smith said last year before the draft, needed to add bulk, etc. He was forced by circumstances into starting and now has a year's experiance PLUS the extra time in the weight room. I think there is reason to be optomistic about him.

Andrews is a mauler, but I think he'd work well as a RT or a RG. He wouldn't be the best pulling guard, but then I also think he would struggle a bit with speed rushers on his side at RT. So, there's drawbacks at either spot.

Speed rushers rarely play on the left side of the defensive line, which is the side the right tackle is up against. You don't have to pass block like a left tackle to play right tackle, plus most of the time, the tight end is lined up on the right side.

If he's already that bulked up in th middle of April he should have no problem adding some real strength between now and September! Good for him!!

I think Wade did a GREAT job for being a rookie in a position he wasnt use to! And i commend him for doing what is necessary to be better! That shows great strength and determination and i applaud it! WAY TO GO WADE!!!!!! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom