Number of posts on Page One? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number of posts on Page One?

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of repetitive threads lately, as we deal with a comination of new members and big news items. The mods have done a great job of merging and moving, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to increase the number of threads on the main page? This might help people realize what topics are currently under discussion and post appropriately.

Not a big deal, I may be the only person who sees an issue.

That's a great idea... however, the more threads per page the higher the server load is. I wish there was a work around, but there isn't... :(

Can we encourage members to change their personal view to more than 15 threads? Is that the same thing?

xiidaen said:
I may be the only person who sees an issue.

It's been driving me nuts. I look at the first page and see 10 or more threads about the same thing.

To me it seems as though the thread starter is not interested in a conversation. They want attention.

:tantrum:

Wow

ZOD said:
It's been driving me nuts. I look at the first page and see 10 or more threads about the same thing.

To me it seems as though the thread starter is not interested in a conversation. They want attention.

:tantrum:

Glad it's not just me!

BTW, is there a master list of smiley codes somewhere?

I quite agree. Way too many posts on the same topic. It seems you merge them and the moment you do, more appear. Just wish people would take their time to read through the title of each post on the main page before posting.

Yes indeedy!

:yeahthat:

:ban: <-- must be careful to not use this one nearly as much as I'd like to...

Be patient everyone. Once the season starts the threads will streamline. Right now everyone is just trying to talk up anything they can.
I would rather see an abundance of post than very few. This board now has a lot of members and they all want to have a say.

That's what a forum is all about. It's no ones private domain. Its for everyone and its a free medium of speech.

Dig and be dug. :cool2:

I must say i'm guilty of starting a thread that was already posted. However, in my defense the title of the other thread did not imply what the topic was (can't remember what exactly it was about now) about. Is there anyway that a sticky could be posted telling members to make the topic clear in the thread title (only on major news subjects of course, the only type this seems to occur with).

Back
Top Bottom