NY Fans = Scum of the World | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Fans = Scum of the World

nephinsfan said:
Don't need to. all i had to see was NYC and A-holes. made sense to me!
:shakeno:

not everyone from NY is an A-Hole as you like to put it, Dont Judge a person just cause the place they live. Like someone said before, you got A-Holes all over, not just NY...

zachseau13 said:
The survey is called the U.S. Census.

There are parts of Florida that retirees are moving to, but you are mostly talking about North Florida.

South florida has become too expensive for retirees. And yes, NYC is also too expensive.

Luckily there are more than two cities in the world :goof:

Here is what US News & World Report had to say:

"Go west, not-so-young man
Florida is no longer the preferred choice as a retirement haven

Top 10 Most Popular Retirement Cities

1 Las Vegas 86.2 pct.

2 Phoenix-Mesa 38.0 pct.

3 Austin-San Marcos 37.3 pct.

4 Houston-Galveston-Brazoria 31.8 pct.

5 Atlanta 30.8 pct.

6 Orlando 28.8 pct.

7 Sacramento-Yolo, Calif. 27.8 pct.

8 Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C. 25.8 pct.

9 Denver-Boulder-Greeley 25.8 pct.

10 Dallas-Fort Worth 25.1 pct.

Today's retirement magnets are university towns, resort destinations, and suburban oases of major cities. They are small cities like Oxford, Miss.; Madison, Wis.; and Medford, Ore. They are regions like the Pacific Northwest, the Texas Hill Country, and the Ozarks.

Retirees are flooding into new developments in America's desert Southwest and the Rockies. Between 1990 and 2000, according to census data, Nevada showed the greatest percentage increase among all states in people 65 and older (72 percent), followed by Alaska (60 percent), Arizona (39 percent), and New Mexico (30 percent). The over-65 populations in Phoenix, San Antonio, Denver, and Las Cruces, N.M., all showed double-digit growth rates during the '90s.

No metropolitan region saw bigger gains than Nevada's Las Vegas Valley. Between 1990 and 2000, the over-65 population in the Las Vegas metro area grew 86 percent--from about 99,000 to more than 184,000. Most of these new recruits are buying into fast-growing suburbs like Henderson, which until recently was an industrial outpost. Today, it is the second-largest city in Nevada, boasting four retirement communities, a senior center, and eight golf courses."
Ya good job taking this super-seriously. Go post your next TPS report for your boss. There hasnt been a serious word in this thread by me.

Anyway, the census isnt really accurate or offer any kind of pertinent info to this discussion. What you posted specifies favorite retirement cities for the entire country, but this whole thread talks about where the NYC population moves when NY'ers are ready to retire. So all that mumble jumble is beyond extremely irrelevent. Good job @ meaningless post :tongue:

look... anyone who denies there are jerk fans everywhere is fooling themselves....

HOWEVER, anyone who denies there are a higher ratio of jerk fans in NY/NJ/Phila. is living in complete denial... it's well-documented to the point of legendary, and many NYers are rather proud of their intimidating aura they pose against visitors and their fans....

i've been to Fenway Park dozens of times, at least 5 times playing the Yankees... i've been to Yankee Stadium twice, when they've played the Red Sox... here's the difference, as i've witnessed:

1) at Fenway, there are Yankees fans EVERYWHERE... many, MANY of them make a pretentious effort to stand out; they hoot and holler and get really drunk and squawk and point and laugh at Red Sox' miscues, and generally overtly look to provoke and beat their chest like big dumb pea****s, even though they're at someone else's house...

2) at Yankee Stadium? Red Sox fans, generally, are quiet and reserved... Cheering respectfully at appropriate times... Mainly because they fear for their lives if they show too much passion....

if you think for one second that a visiting fan in New York who acts like a New York fan in their stadium would go home without a large object being thrown at their head, you must only sit in the luxury boxes and never witness it... and retaliation for taking a bottle in the coconut? forget it... You'd be in the morgue... there is a mob mentality at New York sports venues like NO OTHER place... i assure you... not even Detroit...

If you doubt this, consider the accounts of how Dolphins fans were treated at the Meadowlands over the years... then treat yourself to a Dolphins-Jets game in Miami... tell me if you notice a striking difference... Tell me who you see initiating antagonization time and time again... Tell me if you see many Dolphins fans doing anything about it... Ask yourself what the fate of the same kind of obnoxious Dolphins fans would be up in New York...

Look, this is a city that allows fans to throw D batteries at right fielders in the Bronx ... yes, i know this was more documented in Philly, but it happened in New York as well... This is a city that made Jeffrey Maier a regional hero for interfering with a baseball playoff game...

http://www.flowonline.com/archives/1996/1196/baseball2.htm

i can't quite put my finger on what it is that seems to give so many New Yorkers (not all, of course) such an elitist, cruel approach to life... perhaps it's the "we're biggest, we're best, we're richest" mentality... But it's very, very hard to dispute that they aren't revered down south, out west, and certainly NOT in boston... And i gotta tell ya, it's NOT because we're all jealous...

As soon as i hear that accent, and that coarseness, i immediately know "it's on now."

[/endrant]

Good rant press coverage.

I agree with most of it.

You also left out throwing D batteries in Shea @ John Rocker.

And when fans of visiting teams visit NY stadiums they are very very quiet. I can attest to this. Except me at Phins-Jets games cause, quite frankly, Im not shy or easily intimidated.

You may get a yell in here and there at a Met or Yankee game, and Knick games nowadays you can do whatever you please even if you like the visitors since its all corporate if you can afford to sit close to the court plus we know our team has a ways to go.

Back
Top Bottom