NY Fans = Scum of the World | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Fans = Scum of the World

BALLS DEEP said:
Yes but they all seem to have New York roots. I live in Miami. I deal with a$sholes from New York every day. The worst by far to deal with. Meanwhile they tell you they get a bum wrap because they are from New York. Two minutes later they open their mouths and perpetuate the reason why they got the bum wrap to begin with.

Maybe it's just the New Yorkers who got kicked out and moved down here.
I love that we stick you with all the old farts who cant even see over the dashboard when they attempt to drive. The worst part is they all have lincoln's and caddy's and cant keep the damn thing straight. Oh well, stinks for ya'll :D

Ohio Fanatic said:
A handful of cities (NY, Philly, DC, Oakland..) have bad fans, while most cities are cool.

...I have experienced it, in stadiums like Philly. having lived all over the country and working with people from all over teh country, I think I have a pretty good perception that the AVERAGE NY/New Jersey person is more selfish and obnoxious. THAT's average, means there are buttholes in every city, many of them, it's just that there's a much larger percentage in NY.

So, not ignorant. The word you're looking for is: perceptive. ;)

You first generalized saying a handful of cities have bad fans, and everywhere else has cool fans. Nowhere did you ever mention average, and if you had, you'd be perceptive enough to know that this was not the average fan making the statements in the article.

I live 5 minutes from the stadium, frequent it often rarely with a bad experience, often rooting for the road team (including wearing a red sox jersey to a yankee game, dolphins to jets/giants games in recent years etc..), and I have family that was at the game that heard none of what was reported and I also had a friend who was in a different section and said he heard some stuff, and he and many other NEW YORK/JERSEY fans stood up for NO and their people/fans and totally called out the classless fans, so for you to make a generalization about the average fan based on your few experiences is not even remotely perceptive.

I'm not trying to change your mind, or point of view, since I know that is impossible to do. I'm merely trying to keep others from believing your misperceptions before experiencing it on their own. And even after this isolated experience, I certainly won't be calling all my acquaintances from Ohio ignorant and narrowminded (or even the average person there), because that would just be silly.

NYinBostonFin said:
Enough with the NY fan bashing. There are idiot fans all over.

Why is that concept so hard to grasp? I love how people stand in theor glass houses and cast stones. There are good/bad/longtime/shorttime/old/young/mean/nice fans everywhere.

A 2nd grader could grasp that concept.

ajajaj said:
How did you know I was Italian :D ?

Yes I know, you gotta realize man I lived in South Florida for almost 8 years. We had "snowbirds" that would come down for the winter and almost all of them that I encountered (I worked at a golf course and part time waiting tables). I was also a telephone operator. THey would actually say stuff like "do you know where I'm from?". Just such a holier than thou attitude all the time. I saw the same thing from people in the City constatnly.

Yes you are right if you GIVE New Yorkers respect they will generally give it back, but very rarely have I found a New Yorker that actually initiates the respect and treat others that they don't know with respect and decency.
Heh, we all have a chip on our shoulder I guess. Many of us anyway. I know exactly what you went through though cause Ive waited tables up here (in college) and you meet all types of cretins. Just play with their food a little and they respect you real quick :lol:

And Im sorry, but anyone who still says "do you know where Im from" as an intimidation tactic is just a moron. Next time someone says that dont be afraid to pimp slap them cause I havent heard that since I was a young kid in early 80's. As a matter of fact last time I heard that might have been on Diff'rent Strokes! Regardless, its just some dumb poop trying to act tough...and on a golf course no less :shakeno:

Dolphins17-0 said:
I certainly won't be calling all my acquaintances from Ohio ignorant and narrowminded (or even the average person there), because that would just be silly.

I wouldn't argue that Ohio people are any less ignorant than people from NY,ignorant people are equally distributed, because majority of people tend to be ignorant (relatively). My point is that NYers have an edge to them, moreso than any other city I've been too. Anyone who knows the area knows this is true.

Boik14 said:
I love that we stick you with all the old farts who cant even see over the dashboard when they attempt to drive. The worst part is they all have lincoln's and caddy's and cant keep the damn thing straight. Oh well, stinks for ya'll :D

this is the perfect post to prove the point that New Yorkers are insensative holier than thou selfritous people that can only hope to put the worst problems they have in someone elses lap.

Yes I know it was a joke, but it's unbeleivably true and the truest things are said in jest.:fire:

ajajaj said:
this is the perfect post to prove the point that New Yorkers are insensative holier than thou selfritous people that can only hope to put the worst problems they have in someone elses lap.

Yes I know it was a joke, but it's unbeleivably true and the truest things are said in jest.:fire:
Oh come on! Have some damn sympathy. Could imagine the damn gridlock we'd have in NYC if all those old farts stayed up here and tried to tried amongst the buses and mass traffic? People that drive in the city wouldnt get home from work til like 3am. We have to get rid of them somewhere, may as well be where its hot since we're all going to hell anyway based on what half this board seems to think :lol:

Boik14 said:
Oh come on! Have some damn sympathy. Could imagine the damn gridlock we'd have in NYC if all those old farts stayed up here and tried to tried amongst the buses and mass traffic? People that drive in the city wouldnt get home from work til like 3am. We have to get rid of them somewhere, may as well be where its hot since we're all going to hell anyway based on what half this board seems to think :lol:

good one

Boik14 said:

Sorry to disillusion you but miami stopped being a destination for retirees over 20 years ago.

It is far too expensive here.

The median age for Miami is 36, the median age for NYC is 34

zachseau13 said:
Sorry to disillusion you but miami stopped being a destination for retirees over 20 years ago.

they are still moving to Fl, just farther north. All my family used to live in NJ, now except my immediate family, they all live in central FL (vero beach) area.

zachseau13 said:

Youre not disillusioning me. That survery cant possibly be right cause half the retirees we send to you are too old to even write or see. You can pick them out by sorting through nursing homes and gated communities. Seriously, its sarcasm. Its no more expensive there then it is up here; if anything its still less in many areas. Get over yourself.

Ohio Fanatic said:
they are still moving to Fl, just farther north. All my family used to live in NJ, now except my immediate family, they all live in central FL (vero beach) area.
Exactly. All my older relatives just moved to the FT Lauderdale/Boca area permanently within the last 10 years.

WharfRat said:
Dude... if they're in Miami... they're no longer NYers...

Seriously... I live at the Jersey shore... we get invaded by idiots from Phila every summer, does that make me think that everyone from Phila is an idiot? ummm .. No. Believe me... there are a-holes from every city in the US.

It's easy to stereotype an entire population by the few you run into...
New Yorkers march to the beat of their own drum...that's for sure...however as a whole New Yorkers are good folk.
I'm sure there are loads of decent and kind people that live in New York. I'm speaking of the EX-New Yorkers who love to just be @ssholes. They treat people like **** down here. They are impatient, rude, and flat out nasty. I'm a Condo manager now and have many of them here and case by case 85% of them I go out of my way to avoid. Before this I was a hotel manager and it was the same deal. To any nice New Yorkers whom I may have offended I apologize though.

BALLS DEEP said:
I'm sure there are loads of decent and kind people that live in New York. I'm speaking of the EX-New Yorkers who love to just be @ssholes. They treat people like **** down here. They are impatient, rude, and flat out nasty. I'm a Condo manager now and have many of them here and case by case 85% of them I go out of my way to avoid. Before this I was a hotel manager and it was the same deal. To any nice New Yorkers whom I may have offended I apologize though.

Ok, I agree... all EX-New Yorkers are *******s.

:)

BZ

ajajaj said:
How did you know I was Italian :D ?

Yes I know, you gotta realize man I lived in South Florida for almost 8 years. We had "snowbirds" that would come down for the winter and almost all of them that I encountered (I worked at a golf course and part time waiting tables). I was also a telephone operator. THey would actually say stuff like "do you know where I'm from?". Just such a holier than thou attitude all the time. I saw the same thing from people in the City constatnly.

Yes you are right if you GIVE New Yorkers respect they will generally give it back, but very rarely have I found a New Yorker that actually initiates the respect and treat others that they don't know with respect and decency.

I've spent 16+ years in the hospitality business in Florida and the only ******* I've seen bigger than a New Yorker is the one on the back of an elephant.

But I've met some that are cool, too.

Back
Top Bottom