NY Fans = Scum of the World | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Fans = Scum of the World

Ohio Fanatic said:
I thiink you are also a little misguided. I've been to football stadiums in 6 different cities, and only 2 (Giants and Eagles) have I been afraid or paranoid about getting my butt kicked.

In Seattle: when Marino made a great comeback and won in the last 2 minutes (about 11-12 years ago) I was standing up and cheering my *** off. One guy threw some popcorn at the back of my head. When Miami won, I taunted him and the Seahawks fans around me had no problem with it, because he was rude. I had great conversations with all of them around me.

In Cincinnati: Dolphins were down (28-0?) and came back and won (35-31?), great game. I cheered my *** off in the upper deck and besides a couple of dirty looks and some popcorn - no threats.

In Indianapolis: same thing. Except we lost 42-0. people were very nice around us. So don't give me that crap that fans are the same everywhere, it's totally ignorant and untrue. A handful of cities (NY, Philly, DC, Oakland..) have bad fans, while most cities are cool.

I'm telling you IT IS true, from experience, youre telling me it's not true because you haven't experienced it yet... which is ignorant? :shakeno:

I'm not saying all fans are the same, i'm saying there are bad apples everywhere, heck I even ran into a rude/obnoxious packers fan who was totally out of line and they are supposed to be among the most well behaved/friendly.

BwanaZulia said:
First of all, how do you know they are New Yorkers? Because they are Giants fans? Please, more than half of the Giant fan base is from NJ.

Secondly, stooping to a new low doens't make your point, it just makes you look just as bad. Try the high road.

Yes out of 8 million people we have some jerks. Surprise surprise.

BZ

think it'smore like out of 8 million people, there's a good group that's actually nice.

finjim said:
I said IF THAT WAS ME FROM NEW ORLEANS, if a NYer can say something that cold and vicious, and they were the ones looking for all the sympathy after 9/11, than they deserve whatever cold treat I can drum up. I have donated to both disasters relief funds. But the fact that a NYer can say anything that cold about New Orleans makes me wonder if I can get my money back from the 9/11 fund.
Personally like wharf said most NY'ers would be embarassed one of our could say something so bleepin dumb. I donated to both relief funds as well (know people who died and 1 who got out of the South Tower and lived) and ive been to New Orleans and lived in NY my whole life and theyre both beautiful cities. Its just up north its a lot less sensitive I think and in general NY seems to worry more about itself which isnt to say its right.

BwanaZulia said:
First of all, how do you know they are New Yorkers? Because they are Giants fans? Please, more than half of the Giant fan base is from NJ.

Secondly, stooping to a new low doens't make your point, it just makes you look just as bad. Try the high road.

BZ
LOL almost half of Jersey is from NY too. You should know this if your from NY :tongue:

Boik14 said:
Im not rude so kiss my arse :rolleyes:

wow the hypocracy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I and I think WE all know you personally aren't rude, but in NY for every 1 of you their is 10 rude people that cast a shodow over all those like you.

Sorry, and this is not a personal attack at you and I understand you loving your city but if you can't see it you are blind.

That's kinda like saying their is not that many jewish people in Ft. Lauderdale, or Mexicans in Texas, or whatever. Sometimes the truth sucks and it hurts.

Not saying jewish, or mexicans are bad in any way just used for an example.;)

finjim said:
if that would have been me, I'd have fired right back about how NYC can't build tough buildings. I mean one little jet, and down she goes!

They would have left crying!

:rolleyes: :shakeno:

Dolphins17-0 said:
I'm telling you IT IS true, from experience, youre telling me it's not true because you haven't experienced it yet... which is ignorant? :shakeno:

I have experienced it, in stadiums like Philly. having lived all over the country and working with people from all over teh country, I think I have a pretty good perception that the AVERAGE NY/New Jersey person is more selfish and obnoxious. THAT's average, means there are buttholes in every city, many of them, it's just that there's a much larger percentage in NY.

So, not ignorant. The word you're looking for is: perceptive. ;)

Ohio Fanatic said:
think it'smore like out of 8 million people, there's a good group that's actually nice.

Yes, and those were us putting money into the collection tins last Sunday, donating food and clothes all over New York and money to the Red Cross.

There are about 100 stories of New Yorkers giving to the people affected by this horrible event, but the one that shows up on this site is the negative one.

Top Acts Set For New York Katrina Benefit
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001056926

New York Stands Ready To Help Texas
http://www.theempirejournal.com/0923052_New_York_Stands_Ready_To_Help_Texas.html

Lousiana Senator Thanks New York
http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/51985

Sobering trip home to Louisiana for Mawae
http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...427240sep15,0,424346.story?coll=ny-jets-print

BZ

ajajaj said:
wow the hypocracy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I and I think WE all know you personally aren't rude, but in NY for every 1 of you their is 10 rude people that cast a shodow over all those like you.

Sorry, and this is not a personal attack at you and I understand you loving your city but if you can't see it you are blind.

That's kinda like saying their is not that many jewish people in Ft. Lauderdale, or Mexicans in Texas, or whatever. Sometimes the truth sucks and it hurts.

Not saying jewish, or mexicans are bad in any way just used for an example.;)
I think you got that twisted. For every person like me who isnt rude from NY there are 9 others like me and 1 different. There's always 1 poophead. certainly i dont take it personally but if you want answers in this city sometimes you gotta speak our language, capiche? :lol:

Ohio Fanatic said:
I have experienced it, in stadiums like Philly. having lived all over the country and working with people from all over teh country, I think I have a pretty good perception that the AVERAGE NY/New Jersey person is more selfish and obnoxious. THAT's average, means there are buttholes in every city, many of them, it's just that there's a much larger percentage in NY.

So, not ignorant. The word you're looking for is: perceptive. ;)
Philly is a different animal entirely. They booed when Michael irvin was carted off and started screaming stuff at him.

i think Max Kellerman said it best once on his radio show: "In Philly its not so much about their team winning or losing; its about you and your experience in Philly being miserable."

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

Hey, don't drag Jersey fans into the unrefined cesspool of NYers. People living in NJ would never act like that....well unless they were Jets fans. :D

NYinBostonFin said:
Enough with the NY fan bashing. There are idiot fans all over.
Yes but they all seem to have New York roots. I live in Miami. I deal with a$sholes from New York every day. The worst by far to deal with. Meanwhile they tell you they get a bum wrap because they are from New York. Two minutes later they open their mouths and perpetuate the reason why they got the bum wrap to begin with.

Maybe it's just the New Yorkers who got kicked out and moved down here.

Boik14 said:
I think you got that twisted. For every person like me who isnt rude from NY there are 9 others like me and 1 different. There's always 1 poophead. certainly i dont take it personally but if you want answers in this city sometimes you gotta speak our language, capiche? :lol:

How did you know I was Italian :D ?

Yes I know, you gotta realize man I lived in South Florida for almost 8 years. We had "snowbirds" that would come down for the winter and almost all of them that I encountered (I worked at a golf course and part time waiting tables). I was also a telephone operator. THey would actually say stuff like "do you know where I'm from?". Just such a holier than thou attitude all the time. I saw the same thing from people in the City constatnly.

Yes you are right if you GIVE New Yorkers respect they will generally give it back, but very rarely have I found a New Yorker that actually initiates the respect and treat others that they don't know with respect and decency.

The worst part of that whole story is the girl from New Orleans who was crying in the bathroom because she was harrassed so much.

f****** a** h****

BALLS DEEP said:
Yes but they all seem to have New York roots. I live in Miami. I deal with a$sholes from New York every day. The worst by far to deal with. Meanwhile they tell you they get a bum wrap because they are from New York. Two minutes later they open their mouths and perpetuate the reason why they got the bum wrap to begin with.

Maybe it's just the New Yorkers who got kicked out and moved down here.

Dude... if they're in Miami... they're no longer NYers...

Seriously... I live at the Jersey shore... we get invaded by idiots from Phila every summer, does that make me think that everyone from Phila is an idiot? ummm .. No. Believe me... there are a-holes from every city in the US.

It's easy to stereotype an entire population by the few you run into...
New Yorkers march to the beat of their own drum...that's for sure...however as a whole New Yorkers are good folk.

Back
Top Bottom