Ny Jets will determine our Draft selection!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ny Jets will determine our Draft selection!!!

Miamibyrd_24

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At this point the Jets will play a big role on who we select in the draft, reason I say that is because of their QB situation.

Seems that they have lost faith in Chad P, and he won't take a massive pay cut from exp. 8m down to 1m.

So the guy we are so high on, Culter may turn into a enemy on draft day. What you guys think about that. :confused:

I just have that feeling they are not going to select a OL 1st round. And with their starting QB in the hot seat. As a fin fan I don't want to get my feeling hurt on draft day, if number 1 - we dont get the guy we want and number two if he selected by our rivals.

On ESPN, Clayton was saying the Jets would cut Pennington. They are worried about his shoulder injury.

IdahoPhin said:
On ESPN, Clayton was saying the Jets would cut Pennington. They are worried about his shoulder injury.

Yep! And this is what worries me. If he cut I doubt they will make Q. Carter their main guy.

I don't think the jets can financially pick at #4. If they cut chad he will count 12 million. If they dare take Cutler at #4, they will ahve a huge cap # for QB's next year. They will ultimately trade down.

It would not surprise me if the Jets try to trade up and get Reggie Bush.

Basically they would swap with the Texans, letting them get Ferguson- the guy I think they really want. And Reggie Bush is the guy the Jets really want.

Also, the Jets and the Chargers might have something to talk about. Both teams are in similiar situations with Drew Brees and John Abraham. There could be an exchange of some sort here.

On another note, Floyd Reese (Titans GM) was on NFL Radio yesterday. If you listened you got the feeling that the coaching staff is really high on Matt Lienart. Reese himself is really high on Vince Young. So the Titans would be really happy to get either of these guys.

As for Cutler, if he gets past the Raiders (which I think he will) he could be ours for the taking at #16. It doesnt look like the Lions or the Cardinals will be taking a QB.

They are going to trade Abraham, they just gave him the tag. He's not going to be there for long.

As far as trading up, the lots of talent at the RB position. They may want to trade down but, thats extreamly tough in this league.

Dolfansal said:
I don't think the jets can financially pick at #4. If they cut chad he will count 12 million. If they dare take Cutler at #4, they will ahve a huge cap # for QB's next year. They will ultimately trade down.
yes, if they do draft cutler they'd probably have to keep pennington, so that doesn't make much sense.

miami may get brees anyway since hes likely heading for free agency

Pennington is gone....and the Jets will select a QB....more than likely Cutler...but you never know....until draft day.

there gonna get killed in Ny if they do draft cutler at the 4 spot, i seen them get killed already since i live in Ny about the possiblility to get cutler. the media wants them to trade down if they want cutler

yeah, that would really hurt the cap for the Jets if they let him go or even try to trade him. They can bench him, but its not going to do any good, with your money on the bench.
Hopefully they trade down and not even mention Culter. But yeah draft day will determine what really going to happen.

Jnaledu3 said:
It would not surprise me if the Jets try to trade up and get Reggie Bush.

Basically they would swap with the Texans, letting them get Ferguson- the guy I think they really want. And Reggie Bush is the guy the Jets really want.

Also, the Jets and the Chargers might have something to talk about. Both teams are in similiar situations with Drew Brees and John Abraham. There could be an exchange of some sort here.

On another note, Floyd Reese (Titans GM) was on NFL Radio yesterday. If you listened you got the feeling that the coaching staff is really high on Matt Lienart. Reese himself is really high on Vince Young. So the Titans would be really happy to get either of these guys.

As for Cutler, if he gets past the Raiders (which I think he will) he could be ours for the taking at #16. It doesnt look like the Lions or the Cardinals will be taking a QB.
This would make alot of sense to me. I have been saying this is a good match for a while now. The Jets desperately need a player like Bush and the better fit for Houston is Ferguson. The only holdups would be that the Jets have alot of needs and might not want to give up picks, and also they would have to pay Bush alot of money and they are in a bad cap situation. I would not be surprised at all if this trade happened though.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
At this point the Jets will play a big role on who we select in the draft, reason I say that is because of their QB situation.

Seems that they have lost faith in Chad P, and he won't take a massive pay cut from exp. 8m down to 1m.

So the guy we are so high on, Culter may turn into a enemy on draft day. What you guys think about that. :confused:
who cares. let them take cutler. ''jay meet mr. taylor and mr. lawson. now, try not to swallow your tongue.''

Back
Top Bottom