O-Gun to Dallas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun to Dallas?

FinFan4Life814

All-Pro Armchair QB
Reaction score
Has anybody been looking at the Cowboys as a possible O-Gun destination? I dont know where they pick, but I'm sure its after we do. Now, they may keep their pick or maybe even trade up to snag a RB (Stevie Jackson? Kevin Jones? who knows), but if they decide not to go that way then there's a real possibility IMO that they make a run for Wally. What y'all think bout this?

Dallas, Seattle, Kansas City, & Green Bay are all potential suitors.

Dallas, after Seattle, would benefit most by getting O-Gun. Primarily because the Cowboys failures came primarily on offense.

But for the pick Dallas would give up, Ogun is worth it for Dallas.

Dallas' main problem on offense was the running game. Most are pretty certain that neither Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson will fall to the Cowboys & nobody else is worth taking in the first round. Chris Perry is okay but Dallas can find other players just as good in round 2 like Cedric Cobbs & Michael "the Burner" Turner.

why is no one mentioned the bears? they lost Colvin, and has 0 pass rush. i would expect them to have intrest (lovie smith is the HC, who's had Winstom, and Little).

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
why is no one mentioned the bears? they lost Colvin, and has 0 pass rush. i would expect them to have intrest (lovie smith is the HC, who's had Winstom, and Little).

Because Lovie Smith really likes Alex Brown(he was one of the few players he mentioned at his press conference) & they also drafted DE Michael Haynes in the first round last year. They have potential there, & that's all the Bears are is potential so I don't see them having he urge to spend high $ on Ogunleye.

Rosenhaus wants the multi-year deal and we can't afford it.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Because Lovie Smith really likes Alex Brown(he was one of the few players he mentioned at his press conference) & they also drafted DE Michael Haynes in the first round last year. They have potential there, & that's all the Bears are is potential so I don't see them having he urge to spend high $ on Ogunleye.

bears can't worry about "potential." when you have no pass rush, and a guy who leads the AFC in sacks is around you take him.

other teams who could have intrest are

Bills- WR depth is so good in the draft, they can wait till the 2nd round and wait for a Jenkins. doubtful, because they had 2 guys do a good job last season and was ranked #2 overall.

New York Jets- Same situation with the bills. the WR pool is deep enough to wait. Abraham is moving to OLB, theres a hole to fill.

Cincinnati Bengals- Marvin Lewis could use some help on that line. in his years with Balt, he had the monster McCray (SP?) doing a great job at DE. i think he would want ogun. they need D, not O.

Minnesota Vikings- they might want there 3rd miami DE. Lorenzo and mixon haven't done a great job. could use some help on that line.

Indianapolis Colts- Freeney could use another DE to help take the load of him. it would be like having JT, and Ogun... lol.

Philadelphia Eagles- i believe TO is going to NYJ, or Philly. so the wR spot is taken care of, and need a Dend to replace hugh.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

bears can't worry about "potential." when you have no pass rush, and a guy who leads the AFC in sacks is around you take him.

other teams who could have intrest are

Bills- WR depth is so good in the draft, they can wait till the 2nd round and wait for a Jenkins. doubtful, because they had 2 guys do a good job last season and was ranked #2 overall.

New York Jets- Same situation with the bills. the WR pool is deep enough to wait. Abraham is moving to OLB, theres a hole to fill.

Cincinnati Bengals- Marvin Lewis could use some help on that line. in his years with Balt, he had the monster McCray (SP?) doing a great job at DE. i think he would want ogun. they need D, not O.

Minnesota Vikings- they might want there 3rd miami DE. Lorenzo and mixon haven't done a great job. could use some help on that line.

Indianapolis Colts- Freeney could use another DE to help take the load of him. it would be like having JT, and Ogun... lol.

Philadelphia Eagles- i believe TO is going to NYJ, or Philly. so the wR spot is taken care of, and need a Dend to replace hugh.

I thought about the Colts, Eagles, Bengals, & Vikings but they all seem to have more pressing needs like CB or WR. I don't think the Jets will because they still have 1st rounders Shaun Ellis & Bryan Thomas playing DEs if they make the switch.

Wally lining up opposite Justin Smith in Cincy would be lethal.

Dallas could use Wally because they're DL is small up front and can't stop the run, as well as rush the passer. Ekuban has been a bust. IMO, they need to get bigger inside first. Move La'Roi Glover outside, Ellis to the right, and get another plugger inside. Glover would be a Trevor Pryce type outside. You're pass rush wouldn't get a whole lot better. But you're run D would flourish. I'm going off topic....

New England could afford Wally. But I don't think they'll spring for him because he'd be wasted in that 3-4 with Seymour outside already.

I don't think the Jets will spring. I think they'll give Bryan Thomas a shot at Abraham's old spot opposite Shaun Ellis. After all, they spent a #1 on him.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I thought about the Colts, Eagles, Bengals, & Vikings but they all seem to have more pressing needs like CB or WR. I don't think the Jets will because they still have 1st rounders Shaun Ellis & Bryan Thomas playing DEs if they make the switch.

ah great point about the CB situation. my answer to that is take a look at the FA CB. plenty to go round.

(edited the list to the better CB)
Antoine Winfield - Buffalo
Chris McAlister - Baltimore
David Macklin - Indianapolis
Fernando Bryant - Jacksonville
Will Peterson - New York Giants (RFA)
Charles Woodson - Oakland
Bobby Taylor - Philadelphia
Troy Vincent - Philadelphia
Ahmed Plummer - San Francisco
Shawn Springs - Seattle
Champ Bailey - Washington

I still think we'll keep O-gun somehow. Is true that we'd get a 1st and a 3rd but we don't know what those guys would do, not to mention that we'd have to replace Wally in the starting lineup. I hope we keep him as he was our best player on defence this year imo.

Ozzy rules!!

I got pictures of why Dallas needs a D end. :D

http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/1927R1.jpg?8271
The run gets outside.

http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/1927p3.jpg?7927
notice the empty secondary? Committing too much to the pass rush.

http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/1927p1.jpg?8412
Man-1 and they still got no pressure of Delhomme.

http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/1927p2.jpg?4196

But during the posting of all these pictures I remembered.....

They need a corner more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom