O-Line injury's concern vs Bears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line injury's concern vs Bears

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I'm worried about our Offensive Line for Thursdays game, we obviously know about Jake Long's injury and who knows how well he will play but it looks like Berger wont be playing and Procter will play center and also Vernon Carey is a little banged up. Were gonna need to protect Thigpen as much as possible and the Bears Defense is pretty good, I guess the is one of the negatives of playing on a Thursday night, not enough time to heal up!

I Am going to go out on a limb, and predict that thigpen will have more rushing yards than either of our runnigbacks. I saw this kid play us in 2008 and came away impressed with his play making abilities and his knack for moving the chains. Hennig will bring out the wildcat and spread formations emphasizing thigpens running ability.

Thank god thiggy can move. would it be murtha and mcquistan playing the tackle spots if carey and long didn't play?

Carey Is definitely playing and all indications say that Long will try and play too but who knows how affective he will be, he is a pretty tough kid so I guess I will take a Jake Long at 75% then Murtha at 100%. But if Long does not play look for Murtha to get the start, btw Peppers only has 2 sacks this season and has not been that much of a factor in the pass rush. Chris Mortenson said he thinks Thigpen is best suited for this game because he can scramble and our O-line is a little banged up, I like this kid just as long as he protects the football because he has some of that gun-slinger mentality, but a lot of scouts and executives around the league like this kid and think he can be a starter in the NFL, he had 18TD-12INT in 14 games for the Chiefs in 08, not too bad!

At this moment, who has the better offensive line? Our injury-depleted line or the Bears O-Line(who allowed 9 sacks in the first half to the Giants earlier this year)?

Back
Top Bottom