O-line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-line

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I hope Seth McKinney starts at center this year. We could use Ruddy for depth, or we could put him on the trading block and try to get a pick for him since we usually give ours away.

I would like LT: Dixon
LG: Nails
C: McKinney
RG: Perry
RT: Wade

I just hope Jaime Nails comes back 100%.

How about:

LT: Dixon
LG: Nails
C: Ruddy
RG: McKinney

We still need a back-up OT with experience.

Hey Danny, I love that idea. I guess Ruddy could go one more, I was just saying we should not waste McKinney.

I'm going with your'e lineup.

I'd rather see:

LT: Veteran LT yet to be signed
LG: Dixon
C: McKinney
RG: Nails

I'd like to see the line that got Ricky 1800 yards...Another year together should give..

Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, Todd, Wade an even better start in the 2nd year of knowing Norv's Offense..

McKinney played well when Nails got injured last year. I think McKinney could definitely push for a starting spot.

I think McKinney will eventually start at Center, whether this year or the next.

I'm not a Ruddy fan - he had a decent year last year and is a very smart player, but he gets knocked on his butt too many times. He tends to get overpowered a lot. But, his veteran leadership is hard to pass on - unless we got a really good deal for him and the team saw that McKinney was excelling at the center position.

However, it looks like this year they are using McKinney at OG, probably b/c Nails is not fully healthy and they know that it will be difficult for him to be back at full speed.

I think our starting lineup going into camp will be:

LT - Dixon
LG - McKinney
C - Ruddy
RG - Perry
RT - Wade

I am hopeful, and I suspect the team is as well, that Nails will be able to go by the start of the season. Originally, the plan was to move Dixon back to LG and shift Nails to RG - his more natural position. But, the lack of a veteran at LT is keeping that from happening. It will be interesting, however, to see where the Dolphins slot Nails - if McKinney outplays Perry, they could put Nails on that right side next to Wade (wouldn't that be some meat on the right side!).

Of course, I would love it if Wade Smith were able to surprise and start, but the odds are against him. However, a lot of rookie OL's come in and start. Certainly Richmond Webb did and he was very good from the beginning - although he had more experience and was bigger than Smith - his extra long arms really allowed him to make up for any mistakes he might have made. So, Smith starting is a long shot. I'm not that uncomfortable with him backing up, however. And Jerman has some decent skills to be a backup at either OT spot as well.

The key to the OL, however, imo, is Nails. If he comes back healthy and the rest stay healthy, it will be a very solid group. I think Dixon will be better at LT with a year under his belt. He's probably seen everything now and there won't be any surprises out there on the corner. It will be much more instinctive for him than last year. What he did, not having played LT in a long time and not playing there much at all through the early part of training camp was pretty impressive.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami OL=Achilles Heel

Miami's O-line could use improvement, however, they had a stellar 2002 season:

No. 2 Rushing Offense
No. 7 in sacks allowed

The only team that did as well in these two categories was San Francisco who was 6th in rushing and 3rd in sacks allowed.

As a service to you I will post Buffalo's stats in these two categories.

Rushing Offense - No. 24
Sacks Allowed - tied for last place (3.4 sacks allowed per game)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami OL=Achilles Heel

Delusional Bills fans who think jamie nails still weighs 360 lbs. whichi is what sam adams weighs almost.:lol:

BTW, our achilles heal is backup QB. may be not in a few weeks however.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom