OBJ on Drive Time: "Maybe one day everyone will forget about me." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ on Drive Time: "Maybe one day everyone will forget about me."

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Think about 11 personnel with Tyreek, Waddle and yourself...

"It's just dangerous.You got those two guys who everyone is gonna worry about. Maybe one day everyone will forget about me. And I would absolutely love that. I'm catching passes wide open. Turning up and going crazy. Then they focus on me. But you can't ever forget about 10 and 17. Liable to score anytime they touch the ball. And that's not even mentioning the whole running back crew. I came here to be around a bunch of playmakers."

Last edited:
"You always hear that Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. I think Coach takes that semi personal to change that statement. You're going to have to outscore us. And beat our defense. But you're going to have to outscore us. And that's fun to be in an offense like that."

What about Tua and your style fitting in this offense:

"I've seen the numbers but haven't really gotten to watch him (Tua). During a season you're watching the other teams defense.
We sat there and watched film for an hour and a half. We're talking about plays in my career where I catch it and run away. I'm watching Waddle and Tyreek and a lot of it is about timing.

It's about timing. Real football details. Catching it out of the break. They were telling me how accurate he was hitting that.

I met him today. Great person. Energy is infectious. I'm excited to get to know him and be a part of his journey as well."

"You always hear that Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. I think Coach takes that semi personal to change that statement. You're going to have to outscore us. And beat our defense. But you're going to have to outscore us. And that's fun to be in an offense like that."

I don’t remember but how was STL defense back with the Greatest Show on Turf?

What about Tua and your style fitting in this offense:
I'm watching Waddle and Tyreek and a lot of it is about timing.

It's about timing. Real football details. Catching it out of the break. They were telling me how accurate he was hitting that.

if the OL do it's job this offense could be scary good
IMO, the offense needs two things. One, the o-line needs to be better (of course!). And two, a timing-based offense looks good and is effective until the timing is disrupted and things go bad, so McDaniel needs to be more flexible and able to also run an offense that isn't solely based on timing. IOW, with a good o-line, better playcalling, and even more offensive weapons added (like OBJ), this offense has the potential to be really good.

Think about 11 personnel with Tyreek, Waddle and yourself...

"It's just dangerous.You got those two guys who everyone is gonna worry about. Maybe one day everyone will forget about me. And I would absolutely love that. I'm catching passes wide open. Turning up and going crazy. Then they focus on me. But you can't ever forget about 10 and 17. Liable to score anytime they touch the ball. And that's not even mentioning the whole running back crew. I came here to be around a bunch of playmakers."

Thanks for posting.

I don’t remember but how was STL defense back with the Greatest Show on Turf?

I remember them being decent in 98 and awful in 99. Grant Wystrom, Kevin Carter, Leonard Little & London Fletcher are the only names that come to mind.

Orlando Pace was the best player on that team and probably the best in the league at that time.

I remember them being decent in 98 and awful in 99. Grant Wystrom, Kevin Carter, Leonard Little & London Fletcher are the only names that come to mind.

Orlando Pace was the best player on that team and probably the best in the league at that time.

Thats what I thought and they did pretty well lol

Back
Top Bottom