OBJ on Drive Time: "Maybe one day everyone will forget about me." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ on Drive Time: "Maybe one day everyone will forget about me."

Not being funny here. But can he beat 1 on 1 from the slot?

My understanding is he hasn’t taking much snaps from the slot.

Not being funny here. But can he beat 1 on 1 from the slot?

My understanding is he hasn’t taking much snaps from the slot.

Would OBJ lineup in the slot? I would think in 3 receiver sets he might be the X or Y, with Waddle or Hill the Z.

Rams Defense in 99 was good but the defense was able to tee off on opposing QB's since the O kept putting up Points. Sad part is they didnt even try to resign london fletcher, they just assumed they couldnt afford him and let him walk.

Their D wasn't really the same after he walked

Would OBJ lineup in the slot? I would think in 3 receiver sets he might be the X or Y, with Waddle or Hill the Z.

They'll move around, but I think you're right that he'll play more X than Hill or Waddle - or any of the WR's behind them. I could see them moving him inside on 3rd downs, because he is a reliable target and should draw a favorable matchup.

They'll move around, but I think you're right that he'll play more X than Hill or Waddle - or any of the WR's behind them. I could see them moving him inside on 3rd downs, because he is a reliable target and should draw a favorable matchup.

Matchups definitely is the name of the game.

Agreed. I envision him still working that X position quite a bit but moving as well.

OBJ is talking some real good game right here….really need the middle of this o-line to step up this year.

You can't beat the good teams with that quick-pass stuff.

OBJ is talking some real good game right here….really need the middle of this o-line to step up this year.

Not if you can't force them to defend more.

I'm sure McD realizes this.

the thing is that quick stuff is not quick short yards, Tuas YPA relative to completion percentage is next level stuff

the thing is that quick stuff is not quick short yards, Tuas YPA relative to completion percentage is next level stuff
It's great against average or below defenses, but when you run up against a top defense, they can slow down any team that is too one dimensional.

It can't just be running the ball, either. At some point the line has to give the QB enough time to stand in a relatively clean pocket and go through progressions while longer developing route combos uncover.

You know, like a big boy, professional, complete offense.

Even with elite speed everywhere, it's still football. Smoke and mirrors only get you so far.

All talk blah blah blah

How many times are we gonna have Lucy pull the football on us at the last minute. We get this hyped up drivel every offseason and then we get crushed.
I’m waiting for results this year before I get excited. I don’t care about regular season wins, or how great this offense is on paper, it’s about playoff wins and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom