OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

I've only got one question. How much has he got left in the tank? Pretty sure he won't hold back the 2 WR Rookies as he's only on a 1yr deal. I'm just interested if he can make a legit contribution at WR3 as he's been missing the last few seasons.
He averaged 16.1 yds. per catch last year with a glorified RB throwing him the ball, he's got plenty left in the tank.

Not thrilled about signing a has been. This reminds me when we signed Greg Jennings, Chad Johnson, Chris Carter, David Boston, etc. I don't see the upside here, seems like a potential battle of the divas.

I like it, good value, really only upside. Opposing defenses are going to sweat a bit more

DJ Chark just signed a 1 year deal with the Chargers for $5M. So we better not pay OBJ more than that.

My priorities in Free Agency would be DT Calais Campbell and S Justin Simmons.
3m base with incentives that could max it at 8m, which would not count against the cap till next year.

Ezukanma is the wildcard. The vision for him was similar to Deebo, as a bigger (6-2) receiver who can break tackles. If he's healthy, EZ could be exactly what this team has been missing at wide receiver.

I would still like to add OBJ.
I proffered that opinion a few weeks ago and was laughed at here. Comparing EZ to Deebo they said? How silly of me. But that comparison was not made. Only as you say, the vision they had when drafting him.

Grier has done a masterclass of sorting out cap hell with still pushing to be meaningful in Jan/Feb. Great job so far Chris now finish it off with a RG or safety and DT Campbell would be nice
I think signing Holland to a new contract before he hits free agency after the season is also important. The only safety they have at this time on their cap for 2025 is McMorris and he might not even make it through training cap this year.

This works well for a number of ways. The biggest one being that hill or waddle could come off the field and the defense can't just key in on one.

I feel like DCs were more prone to blitzing and creating pressure when all they had to worry about was hill or waddle by themselves. You add an all pro like OBJ who can take over the game and you got problems.

Obj was slow to start last year because he had not played the year prior. That was due to the unfortunate timing of his acl tear in the super bowl. Once he hit game speed he was much more effective.

This just made us better and it's a great thing for the cheap deal we got.

Ok, sounds good, but don’t need a lot of energy threads devoted to OBJ. He’s more likely to be a veteran cut in late August than an actual contributor in late December, but one can hope.

Back
Top Bottom