OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

This is all I need to see about Berrios as a viable option. Talk about a lazy out. You gotta run hard on the snap at the defender here and sharp out that ****.

Granted the clock was really against us so defender was likely expecting an out but need to give him a little doubt to have a chance. Perhaps Berrios thought it was a punt.

Granted Tua didn't look anybody off but in 2 seconds our left tackle got beat and he threw it up, should have thrown it out of bounds. Still doesn't forgive the lazy route by Berrios.

Malik Washington is a 100% lock to make the 53. Why? Because I said so!! See how that works? I can make declarative statements too as if I possessed a crystal ball. lmao.

Berrios is a lock. So that leaves EZ, Cracraft, vs the Washington’s. Don’t discount Cracraft’s good hands, blocking & special teams play. You’re not looking for star potential as a 5th-6th wr. You’re looking for contribution. I wish them luck but I’d bet money that both won’t make the team. Maybe one but not both
Berrios is likely but could be unseated by either Washington if they show in camp (Tajh has experience both as a returner and gunner, for example). I’d say Cracraft is more likely to make the team than Brax though. He’s valuable on special teams and knows the routes to run, plus he’s a reliable pass catcher.

Looking at his historical production, Braxton Berrios is on the bubble IMHO:

1715363197876.png

1715363238702.png

I would say the same for River Cracraft:

1715363409567.png

Meanwhile we just drafted an feisty WR in Malik Washington coming off a huge season:

1715363298904.png

And another productive WR in Tahj Washington:

1715363345891.png

My guess as we stand is:

(1) Hill
(2) Waddle
(3) Beckham
(4) M. Washington
(5) T. Washington / R. Cracraft
(6) Berrios / Ezukanma

I think Cracraft has competition in T-Washington. It's an either-or for me with T-Washington likely having more long-term upside even though Cracraft is a veteran who "knows the offense." At this point, it's talent and potential that you're looking for. You drafted two WRs for a reason and it's time to considering moving on from Cracraft who just doesn't do anything for you.

I see the Dolphins having Berrios & Ezukanma competing as well. If Ezukanma looks reliable and back to full health he's likely to win the job, but we'll see. Somebody has to go and Berrios just hasn't been very productive at any point in his college/Pro career. He's kind of the new Jakeem Grant, IMHO. He looks like a weapon but just doesn't seem that involved.

Berrios is a lock. So that leaves EZ, Cracraft, vs the Washington’s. Don’t discount Cracraft’s good hands, blocking & special teams play. You’re not looking for star potential as a 5th-6th wr. You’re looking for contribution. I wish them luck but I’d bet money that both won’t make the team. Maybe one but not both

I don't think Berrios is a lock at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if Washington was drafted to take over his role this year.

This is all I need to see about Berrios as a viable option. Talk about a lazy out. You gotta run hard on the snap at the defender here and sharp out that ****.

Granted the clock was really against us so defender was likely expecting an out but need to give him a little doubt to have a chance. Perhaps Berrios thought it was a punt.

Granted Tua didn't look anybody off but in 2 seconds our left tackle got beat and he threw it up, should have thrown it out of bounds. Still doesn't forgive the lazy route by Berrios.

This was a lazy ill-advised throw by Tua, it was wasn't there.

That's a bit hyperbolic....lol.

I haven't seen anyone claiming he is the reciever that he was in his prime. We were looking for an experienced #3, not a 1200 yd #1. I'd say he checks that box pretty well, and the cost was reasonable.

To your point, though, I have seen ppl purport that he still has top level speed, actually referencing his combine 40 time.

That is so not the case. He is no longer a burner that is going to run past Corners. He is, however, a good precise route runner. He knows how to read, and take advantage of defensive leverages and alignments. He has above average hands.

Obviously there's no way to demonstrate this factually, but I suspect his reputation and time in the league will get him the benefit of doubt on potential bullshit calls from many refs.

Good luck using facts and logic around here! - LOL

Good luck using facts and logic around here! - LOL

s reactions wars GIF

Back
Top Bottom