Obligatory "should We Sign" Thread...qb Mike Glennon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Obligatory "should We Sign" Thread...qb Mike Glennon

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Should Miami sign Glennon to be it's 2019 tank commander?

He's maaaaaybe good enough to start some games, but not good enough to bring this team many wins. Could be the perfect stopgap option for the tank!

We shouldn't sign a qb this year. Cut RT, draft a backup qb in the later rounds of the draft, and let BO stink the place up for a year, then hello Tua

Hoyer SUCKS.

No joke, Mike Glennon is the best quarterback on the market not named Tony Romo.
Glennon is better than a number of starting QBs in the NFL right now and the numbers I saw weren't franchise QB money. They were 'Ryan Fitzpatrick held out for more than this' money.

I'm not saying he's great, but he's getting a weird amount of hate from the same nebulous group of dimwits who were pushing "Jay Cutler to Miami" rumors after week 6 or whatever. ..... if Jay Cutler starts somewhere in 2017, Mike Glennon will outplay him.

memories...

He's maaaaaybe good enough to start some games, but not good enough to bring this team many wins. Could be the perfect stopgap option for the tank!

In his first two years in Tampa, Glennon was ok. Not great, but he was solid enough and some Bucs fans were even on board wanting him to be their full time starter, but he slotted into the backup spot.

As for us, if we aren't going to get into the Nick Foles sweepstakes or trade for someone (e.g. Brissett, Rosen etc) or draft someone, then perhaps we should cast our net wide and have an open competition for our starting position?

It would be interesting to watch which cast off quarterback could rise to the top. Not a good kind of interesting because it could indicate a tank, but battles for starting positions can be good to watch.

Not sure Glennon would be my choice out of the castoffs, but we could do worse I suppose.

If the goal is to field a win-challenged team, those options are on the roster

I'd rather give a couple young prospects a chance, maybe find the next brady/Romo/Warner.

If the goal is to field a win-challenged team, those options are on the roster

This. If the team is actively trying to EITHER compete for the #1 overall pick next year or find a hidden gem with upside, then signing a known quantity FA QB makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom