Obvious bias commentary!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Obvious bias commentary!!

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Does anyone else agree with me that Myers and Jaws commentating was so bias in favor of the Bucs? I mean give me a freaking break!! All they talked about was the Bucs. They never commented on the 'Phins, nor contributed anything regarding the 'Phins. They acted as though the Yucs are the only football team in FLA. For crying out loud, it only took them 27 yrs to win their 1st lombardi trophy!!:yell: That bias gamecalling/commentary pissed me off.:yell:

No kidding...

Did you watch Sportscenter?

They showed a soundbyte of Jaws commenting on Pittman's 28 yard catch. It went something like "Pittman said 'lets se if you've got anything left old man' and Seau proved that he does not."

Is that harsh or what?

I'd have to see the replay again, but I think it was more of a miscommunication than Pittman just beating Seau down the sideline.

Re: No kidding...

Originally posted by NYFCat
Did you watch Sportscenter?

They showed a soundbyte of Jaws commenting on Pittman's 28 yard catch. It went something like "Pittman said 'lets se if you've got anything left old man' and Seau proved that he does not."

Is that harsh or what?

I'd have to see the replay again, but I think it was more of a miscommunication than Pittman just beating Seau down the sideline.

Here in FLA, they are shoving the Yucs down our throats. It makes me sick to my stomach. Yeah, they've got a great franchise history compared to ours.:rolleyes:

Sure they were pro-Bucs hardcore...

But Seau got beat badly on that play.

FYI - they are the Buccaneers' preseason announcers. They work for NBC 8/Buccaneers. That's why they're biased. They aren't supposed to be neutral. They are the equivalent of Howard David/Jim Mandich.

Heh, you should have seen THE NEWS here in Tampa. So freaking arrogant. They gloat and prod. They put down our team. The always insinuate that we're the state's stepchild and how the Bucs just own the Phins, etc. It sucks!!

I mean, they made a whole story yesterday about our cheerleaders not believing in the team. They started it by saying, "The Phins cheerleaders are already planning on losing". Then at the end, you hear Gina (Phins cheerleader) say, "If we win, we exit like 'this'. If we lose, we exit like 'this'." :rolleyes:

So far I've been told that Seau getting beat doesn't count because:

A: He couldn't shed a block

and

B: The announcers didn't like him.

dolphan... Seau was picked by Keyshawn and MAdison.. It was designed that way.. it wasnt like Seau was running with him side by side and Pittman just roasted him... Not that way at alll..

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Does anyone else agree with me that Myers and Jaws commentating was so bias in favor of the Bucs? I mean give me a freaking break!! All they talked about was the Bucs. They never commented on the 'Phins, nor contributed anything regarding the 'Phins. They acted as though the Yucs are the only football team in FLA. For crying out loud, it only took them 27 yrs to win their 1st lombardi trophy!!:yell: That bias gamecalling/commentary pissed me off.:yell:

It was pretty sad!

Oliver...

Yup, I paused and rewinded that play numerous numerous times. Seau started backin away and running toward the sideline with Pittman, meanwhile Keyshawn is dragging Madison right into Seau's way, and Madison wasn't payin attention to Junior I guess. You could see Seau after the play signaling to Sam to watch out for that because that can happen, and he was lookin up at the big screen replay to see what happened and maybe how he can prevent it next time.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yup, I paused and rewinded that play numerous numerous times. Seau started backin away and running toward the sideline with Pittman, meanwhile Keyshawn is dragging Madison right into Seau's way, and Madison wasn't payin attention to Junior I guess. You could see Seau after the play signaling to Sam to watch out for that because that can happen, and he was lookin up at the big screen replay to see what happened and maybe how he can prevent it next time.

I've watched the play as well, and everyone else went to the right side of the field, everyone but TE #85 Dilger. It was a 1 WR #19 (MeShawn) 2 TE #85 (Dilger) and #88 (Dudley) set. It was a GREAT play call by Gruden. Gruden had MeShawn drag Madison over to and right in front of Seau, which of course is why Seau looked like he sucked on that play.

I some how think if we game planned like he did with his team and players this play may have had a different out come. If we were playing our regular bump and run (Madison was at the LOS, but he didn't BUMP MeShawn until 4-yards down the field) MeShawn would not have been able to drag Madison when and where he did on that play. :D

Oliver...

This is getting old. Preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING!!!!! It's a pointless argument, because nothing will come out of ti.

Originally posted by chambers84
This is getting old. Preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING!!!!! It's a pointless argument, because nothing will come out of ti.

I guess you are going to quit posting on MBoards now? :rolleyes:

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom