OC Candidate Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OC Candidate Game

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So I'm sure everybody is tired of talking about Tua so since we still do not have an offensive coordinator I thought it would be fun to play a little game with naming candidates. The rules are simple

Name a candidate. What their current/last position was. A positive and a negative about the candidate. Here is the catch. If someone posts a candidate you cannot name them again and have to choose someone else.

I'll start us off

Coach: Shane Waldron

Position:passing Game Coordinator and QB coach LA Rams

Positives: Connections to Coach Flores through New England. Long connection to Sean McVay so would likely bring simular system to Miami.

Negatives: Would be first time Coordinator. McVay calls own plays. Was passed up for title of OC by Kevin O'Connell who was not part of staff.

Next up

Eric Studesville

RB Coach, Miami Dolphins

Positive: Continuity. Established relationship with the offense.

Negative: Never been an offensive coordinator, may bring the negative aspect of "continuity" (i.e., doesn't switch things up.)

Anthony Lynn

Head Coach, LA/SD Chargers

Positive: Coach Flores has spoken highly of his character and coaching abilities in the past. He has a lot of the same characteristics that Coach Flo has that demand respect. Lots of experience in different places but specifically the AFC East.

Negative: Has only spent one partial season calling plays, when he was brought up from RB Coach with Buffalo when Greg Roman got fired early in the season. His team played hard and Buffalo led the league in rushing yards with Shady McCoy but the passing game led by Tyrod Taylor wasn’t nearly as successful

Dan Campbell

TE/Assistant head coach Saints

Positive: Assistant for Sean Payton, high level experience with the QB that ours is very often compared to. Bring that system here.

Negative: Limited (if any) experience as a play caller

Dan Campbell

TE/Assistant head coach Saints

Positive: Assistant for Sean Payton, high level experience with the QB that ours is very often compared to. Bring that system here.

Negative: Limited (if any) experience as a play caller
I don't think he wants to come back here after the way he was treated going out

Sometimes you have what you need right next to you.
Godsey(uncle fester) TE coach.
Knows the team/players and saw first hand what worked and what didn't worked.

Coach: Mike Kafka

Position: Passing Game Coordinator and QB coach Kansas City Chiefs

Positives: Connections to Andy Reid as a player and coach. Played QB for the Eagles when Andy Reid was the coach there, has been QB coach in KC for 3 seasons. Graduate of Northwestern University (I would assume he's intelligent given the school). Also spent one season (2013) in training camp with the Patriots as a player (Flores was coaching at the time).

Negatives: Would be a first-time coordinator. Has never called plays but he is the OC in waiting if Bienemy gets hired as HC somewhere.

With Pittsburgh in the market for an OC now, I think things are going to heat up.

With Pittsburgh in the market for an OC now, I think things are going to heat up.
There are essentially 10 teams looking for OCs. 7 teams that are looking for new coaches and staffs and 3 teams (Seattle, Pittsburgh, and Miami) looking for OCs. The addition of Pitt really doesn't make much difference. It was going to be competitive regardless.

Back
Top Bottom