oc: pep Hamilton anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

oc: pep Hamilton anyone?

OrangeBowl

Street Survivor
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I Like this. Especially the fact that his proven coaching/mentoring of 2 recent great young qb's is exactly what we need for tua. I am not a fan at all of todays touch football nfl. We now have rookie qb's hitting 9,000 yds and 60 td's a year because you can't breath on a qb anymore or look a wr's way until he is 40 yds downfield or the yellow laundry fly's. I don't want anyone trying to turn tua into a 40 pass per game gun slinger. He isn't built for it. This guy is into todays nfl so that should excite most of you. It's a good read and i do think he can help tua.

Why? Not saying your right or wrong but WHY, in detail do you think flo won't go that way?

And i still think studsboy is still the choice and has been all along but if not, i like this.

I think he would make a good candidate... Ill end up hoping whoever Flo and Grier chooses has the ability to elevate Tuas game.

I really want to see more general aggression on O not just trick plays but actual aggressive play-calling.

Herbert was thrust into starting on no notice with hardly any offseason and no preseason and set rookie records because of..... Pep the QB coach? Maybe Herbert is just special. We all knew Andrew Luck was special.

I want a QB whisperer that’s actually developed a QB and made chicken salad outta you know what. Josh Allen couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in college or as a rookie. Accuracy supposedly can’t be taught. Well he’s been with Dorsey the past 2 years and dude is throwing lasers. Dorsey was also Cam Newton’s QB coach for a few years leading to an MVP and Super Bowl season.

Pep is the guy who taught him to play qb in the nfl. Your not comparing oregon to an nfl club are you? And you said it yourself, no offseason program.
What do you want, another retread? Or a guy who is well respected in nfl circles as being someone who understands todays game and how the qb needs to play in this current nfl and is hungry and ready to step up?

Wasn't that flo 2 years ago? A guy who paid his dues and was rumored to be a guy who knew defense and was respected around the nfl as being a great hc in the making? We all wanted someone like that and we scored. Many said he was just another bust billichek coach. It was all billichek's defense and flo was just a lacky.

Pep sounds like what we need to me. But...., dont worry, studsville is getting the gig. You can sleep good tonight. And also, i didn't write the article on pep. You will have to debate his take on pep and pep's responabilities with the chargers and the level of his involvment with the overall offense.

Just for chit and giggles though, who are you wanting for oc?

Listened on NFL Radio the other day a Chargers fan called asking why Pep doesn't get many Head Coaching calls, and hes been instrumental in developing Herbert. He said whomever they choose as the next HC he really wants them to keep Pep on staff to continue to work with Herbert. Im hoping if we are seriously considering Lynn as OC that Pep follows him.

Herbert was thrust into starting on no notice with hardly any offseason and no preseason and set rookie records because of..... Pep the QB coach? Maybe Herbert is just special. We all knew Andrew Luck was special.

I want a QB whisperer that’s actually developed a QB and made chicken salad outta you know what. Josh Allen couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in college or as a rookie. Accuracy supposedly can’t be taught. Well he’s been with Dorsey the past 2 years and dude is throwing lasers. Dorsey was also Cam Newton’s QB coach for a few years leading to an MVP and Super Bowl season.
I've been saying Dorsey's name to anyone that will listen

Dorsey is prolly following Dabol but I am all for a shitty NFL QB saving a rookie QB who some people have convinced themselves is a shitty NFL QB

Back
Top Bottom