Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

rickykicks@$$

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just wondering what the Fishes chances are to win the SB in the same season as the Marlins win the series, if you ask me the Odds must not be good.... Anyone know?

Re: Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Just wondering what the Fishes chances are to win the SB in the same season as the Marlins win the series, if you ask me the Odds must not be good.... Anyone know?

Anyone know if this has happened before??
World Series Champion and Super Bowl champion teams from the same city same year????

Odds should go up if Miami makes a QB change. Something significant needs to happen to crystalize the team into thinking they really are not the same old team.

Re: Re: Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

Originally posted by Trekbiz

World Series Champion and Super Bowl champion teams from the same city same year????
in 79 pirates beat baltimore 4 games to 3 and the steelers won the superbowl!;)

Re: Re: Re: Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

Originally posted by dolfan06
the closest it came before then was in 71. the baltimore colts won the SB but the orioles lost the series to pitt again 4 games to 3!;)

Re: Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
not good, its only happened once in 37 years!:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Odds on Marlins & Fins to both hold Title same year

Wow, what a party that must have been.....

not good, its only happened once in 37 years!:rolleyes:

Now is a good time to quote the old saying that "history always repeats itself" This year anyone??? :D

what does baseball and football have in common? nothing... if you have a good enough team you'll win. being in the same area means nothing.

odds are tricky little bastards, the odds of the Dolphins winning SB didn't change at all once the Marlins won WS. but the odds of both being champions are really long. so, in a way, the odds changed, even though they didn't. get it?

This has nothing to do with football but in the last year New Jersey teams almost won the Stanley Cup and NBA Championship (Devils won, Nets lost in Finals) and Anaheim almost won both the Stanley Cup and World Series (Mighty Ducks almost won, Angels won). If it has almost happened twice in the last year that two teams from the same city won titles in the same year, it could definitely happen. I know neither of those involved football, but I am going on the 2 titles in a city in any of the major sports (although hockey isn't on the same level as the other 3 and quite honestly I don't know many who like it, I know I hate it) The Marlins delivered, now the Dolphins have to.

Originally posted by i2panzer
what does baseball and football have in common? nothing... if you have a good enough team you'll win......

Did anyone say football and baseball had anything in common?

being in the same area means nothing.

It was just a question on how many other cities fans have had the luxury of celebrating a World Series Champion and a Super Bowl Champion during the very same year. I don't think anyone thought that the Marlins winning the Series will affect the outcome of the Phins season. :rolleyes:

Somehow only you came up with this very strange reaction to the subject. :goof:

Did anyone say football and baseball had anything in common?

i don't know where the relation of football and baseball came in, i thought it was about championships!:rolleyes:

i don't know where the relation of football and baseball came in, i thought it was about championships!:rolleyes:

I don't know either.... :confused:

Some people just don't read the posts fully before they comment...

The 69 Mets and the 69 Jets.
Played in the same stadium back then too.

Back
Top Bottom