Of the TE's we have a shot at, which one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Of the TE's we have a shot at, which one

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
is the best deep snapper? If it is a toss-up between two TE's in this year draft, the edge could go to the one who is the best deep snapper. Ed Perry takes up a roster spot just to snap the ball on special teams. I've heard he is one of the better one's in the league. Is there a guy we could draft to take over and play also?
:D :cool: :D

He is probobly THE best LS in the league. I can't even remember the last time we had a bad snap on punts/kicks. Perry is automatic, I love having him in there. He doesn't do any less than McGarrahan, but people seem to take him for granted, even call for his pink slip, yet shower praise all over McGarrahan. Both are stricktly special teamers, who provide absolutely nothing on offense or defense.

Not a knock on McGarrahan, just a comparison.

Plus, not only TEs long snap. that can be found in a number of positions.

Residents of Finheaven have been saying that Shawn Draper may be able to perform multiple tasks including OT and TE which leaves room for Perry, IMO

ONE CHANGE IS ENOUGH.....

Just the change from TURK to ROYALS as the holder.....was enough for OLINDO. Perry and MARE are really close...off the field as well...and there is no doubt in my mind...that ED PERRY will be the holder, once again. To change both the Holder and long-snapper for OLINDO in this upcoming season....would be too drastic.....OLINDO already has enough work to do with ROYALS this camp.

Re: ONE CHANGE IS ENOUGH.....

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Just the change from TURK to ROYALS as the holder.....was enough for OLINDO.....OLINDO already has enough work to do with ROYALS this camp.

The two have never played together, so you are right DCH, but remember last year when Turk was originally asked to hold for Mare, he did not want to at first!

Turk never held for FG's in the NFL, and Royals always has. As a matter of fact he even said he is looking forward to it! I think the transition will be a lot easier than Mare thinks!

Mare feels comfortable with who he has, at the time he has them. Come September he will probably be happier to have Royals......

You all make some very good points

and maybe I didn't understand completely what's involved. :)
:D :) :D

The C from NH - Ball - that the Fins like at the end of the draft can supposedly be a long snapper as well.

Re: Re: ONE CHANGE IS ENOUGH.....

Originally posted by Ozzy

The two have never played together, so you are right DCH, but remember last year when Turk was originally asked to hold for Mare, he did not want to at first!

Turk never held for FG's in the NFL, and Royals always has.

Actually, Turk had held for FGs prior to last season. The last time prior to 2001 that he held for a kick was in the playoff game between the Bucs and Redskins in 2000 (For the 1999 season). The Skins were lined up in the final moments to kick a field goal and win the game. Turk's brother, the one who is now deceased, was the long snapper in the game, with Turk being the holder. Anyway, everything went wrong, the snap was not-so-great and Turk messed up the hold, and the Skins couldn't even get off a kick and so they lost the game (The Bucs advanced to the NFC Championship, where they lost to the Rams). It was the last game Turk's brother ever played in, and it was the last game Matt played in as a Redskin.

So one can see why he didn't want to hold FGs for us last year, huh?

Re: Re: Re: ONE CHANGE IS ENOUGH.....

Originally posted by Blitz
So one can see why he didn't want to hold FGs for us last year, huh?

I recall reading an article on Turk last preseason saying Turk had no real experience as a holder! Yes he may have held a couple of games but was that because Brad Johnson (i think it was BJ) was hurt and the Back-up Qb, who was the real holder, was starting!

And if your saying that he did not want to hold because it was sentimental do to the fact that the last time he held was the last game his brother played in before he died, well I'm sorry his brother had to die but I really doubt that was the real reason. And I don't think Miami would have let him if it was factual!

I go to training camp every year, and post my reports on lots of message boards, and let me tell you that Turk had lots of problems bringing the laces around! He really did not want to do it because he was not that good at it! Although he did improve, I was always a bit nervous watching him. He is a big guy to be on his knees, add that to the fact he is a little stiff, and not so quick, and you might have some problems HUH?

Sorry, it wasn't Matt Turk who was the holder. Johnson was the holder and it was a bad snap. I don't know where I dreamed up the part about Matt Turk :)

Hey we all dream from time to time, heck I might even be wrong about Turk never being a holder, but I do recall the article about how he did not want the job. He was hoping Mare would want Ray Lucas to do it.......

Sorry, it wasn't Matt Turk who was the holder. Johnson was the holder and it was a bad snap. I don't know where I dreamed up the part about Matt Turk :)

Anyway, here's a link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fo...nfc_gm1/news/2000/01/15/redskins_collapse_ap/

here's the confusion:
It was the third botched field goal of the season for the Redskins. Turk's brother, Matt Turk, muffed a snap on a potential game-winner on the last play of regulation in the season opener against Dallas, a game the Cowboys won in overtime.

Back
Top Bottom