Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look?

Maybe as a backup. He was in decline when he left Denver and I think we were interested then but the Chargers got the first visit and they overpaid him.

Would have been a great option 2 years ago over Dallas Thomas before Franklin signed with Denver. Today, no thanks.

He isnt an upgrade as a starter, and I like the depth we have there right now. He also isn't much better than what would be available later if there's an injury. So at this point, I'd say pass.

It's amazing how many players fall off a cliff after they get (over)paid. That's a definite phenomenon.

I would have been interested but didn't realize his play fell off so badly.

I know most don't put stock into PFF ,but he was rated the 66th best guard.

He would be a great depth pick up ,but I think we're set at guard.

For the right price, he's definitely worth a look.

He's a former Cane that already got paid nicely. We make sense for him.

It's amazing how many players fall off a cliff after they get (over)paid. That's a definite phenomenon.

I would have been interested but didn't realize his play fell off so badly.

I agree. I was worried about Stills until I heard him working harder.

Parker will probably have a ridiculous year knowing he'll be paid the big bucks in a year or two.

Franklin should come home and play back up RT-RG

Remember Franklin was drafted as a tackle, struggled there for a few seasons and then moved to guard. He had a few good years at guard in Denver which led to a big contract from the Chargers and things didn't work out. I recall when some fans wanted Miami to sign him during free agency some of us warned that you had to be careful because some of Franklin's success in Denver was due to the scheme and having Peyton Manning at qb.

I think he is one of many older OL that will become available as cuts start to happen. While I'm not sure Franklin specifically is the answer for us, I am definitely open to looking at who gets cut. I would be interested in a 1 year stopgap veteran if the right one comes along at the right price.

Next year I expect to draft 1 more guard as well as possibly replacing RT and/or C depending on just how many games and how well Ju'Wuan James and Mike Pouncey play.

Is he better than the corpse of bushrod? If so then come on down

Last edited:
Remember Franklin was drafted as a tackle, struggled there for a few seasons and then moved to guard. He had a few good years at guard in Denver which led to a big contract from the Chargers and things didn't work out. I recall when some fans wanted Miami to sign him during free agency some of us warned that you had to be careful because some of Franklin's success in Denver was due to the scheme and having Peyton Manning at qb.

If that is the cake wouldn't that be a bigger reason for us to sign him? He was a success in Gase's scheme. Personally don't know anything about him, but if the scheme was the reason for his success it was Adam Gase's scheme.

Back
Top Bottom