Offense Formations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offense Formations

josekareh

Finfansince75
Reaction score
After watching the game and being pissed for the fifth time this season I saw something I want to comment on.

I think we are over using the wildcat, last year we used it really well, but so far this season it seems that whenever we are in deep s**t... (trailing on the 2nd quarter, and 3 or 4 3 and outs) is when the wildcat is being brought...

This formation IMHO is mostly a surprise one, we should be able to move the ball without it, and then bring it in.. Otherwise we are just shooting ourselves in the foot..

I haven't seen a reverse so far, like the one against KC last year, or screen passes having ricky and ronnie on 2nd down and short. I mean This team is so predictable that as a DB or LB you know what is coming.

Take our first Offense, (Saints game, Pats game, Colts game) we kept the Deffense on their heels, but after 3 or 4 drives, They knew already what was coming.

We are a run first offense... a pretty damn good one.. So let's use that against the Deffense, exactly the way we did against a GREAT D (New Orleans) with Ricky, hell that was a conventional formation..

What do you guys think?

I think in a conventional set we will be looking at defenses going all out to stop the running game and WR's or TE's who can't win one on one matchups or catch. We go to the wildcat out of necessity. Seriously guys, we are splitting joey Haynos out as a WR more often than Tedd Ginn. How many defenses are going to respect that?

I think in a conventional set we will be looking at defenses going all out to stop the running game and WR's or TE's who can't win one on one matchups or catch. We go to the wildcat out of necessity. Seriously guys, we are splitting joey Haynos out as a WR more often than Tedd Ginn. How many defenses are going to respect that?

Not even the Bucks I would say!!!

we did a reverse yesterday but it failed miserably. henne got taken down by a gust of wind, i think

Back
Top Bottom