Offensive line is top priority for Dolphins in offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line is top priority for Dolphins in offseason

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Offensive line is top priority for Dolphins in offseason

Alex provides a great starting point for all FA / Draft discussions. Interestingly, he expects Ruddy and Dixon to walk and T Perry to stay put. Making LT our #1 priority and depth at OT a high priority as well. I really, please please, really hope Richmond Webb comes back to compete for the LT spot if we do not get a high profile one.

here's a note I care about especially the latter player:
By cutting Ruddy and weak-side linebacker Derrick Rodgers, the Dolphins would clear roughly $2.9 million in cap room

Yeah, that's the article I read that got me thinking O-line in Free Agency........I don't think we can get immediate help if we draft a tackle as opposed to a guard......

I know a lot of this talk about holes needing to be filled tends to be on the negative side but man o man it sure seems we have a lot of leaks in the dam.

I am assuming that the offensive starters for next year without the draft and free agents added in will be LG Jamie Nails C Seth McKinney RG Todd Perry and RT Todd Wade. That would leave a need for a left tackle and some quality backups as the reserves look to be filtered out as well.

Linebacker: Zach Thomas in the middle is a given and they seem to like Greenwood on the strongside. A weakside Linebacker, the article says will not be a spot wherethey spend a lot of money, however I would love to see Takeo Spikes come in and shore up this Linebacking core.

Fletcher. As much as I dislike this guy it appears like we might have to tolerate him for another season and pray he gets better (unlikely). If he stays I want to see Bates make sure he is on the 3rd receivers and not coveirng the Marvin Harrison's, Tim Brown's, Rany Moss's and Terrell Owen's of the league.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Dyson come over from the Titans although that may be a pipedream. I hope Gadsen ends up coming back somehow as that would be ideal for me at least.

This was just my two cents worth.

I think cutting Perry, who makes around a million a year, would be a better release then Ruddy. I know releasing Ruddy saves more money, but Ruddy has been here for a long time and is the better player. Ruddy isn't what he was 2 years ago but hes not bad and hes been loyal and good to this organization.

Although Richmond Webb is good.....he is old..and wouldn't be here longer then two years.

I have posts on the Giants and Cowboys forums over Petitgout and Adams.

Right now the feeling is that both those boys are the teams #1 priorities but so far no one has mentioned anything about franchising either. Although Dallas fans don't feel fond of Adams. They call him talented but lazy. Will stop great DE's but let weak guys beat him (Gardener syndrome).

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think cutting Perry, who makes around a million a year, would be a better release then Ruddy. I know releasing Ruddy saves more money, but Ruddy has been here for a long time and is the better player. Ruddy isn't what he was 2 years ago but hes not bad and hes been loyal and good to this organization.
Ruddy will make 3.1 mil next year and McKinney s/b fine as a replacement. LT is where it is at and we will not get a decent one easily w/o spending big bucks. If not, we will need to get Dixon back.

Back
Top Bottom