Offensive Line: Nice Improvement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line: Nice Improvement

Theyve been a pleasant surprise for sure. Screw the PFF ratings, they have been alright. Quite an improvement from the past decade. Im worried about Jackson and Kindley though, both dealing with injuries now? May get a chance to see Hunt sooner rather than later in some capacity

Travis Etienne
Love TE in fact watch him all the time as my daughter goes to Clemson. He bulked up a bit in the off-season
and runs harder than in past but still too small for my liking. That being said I sure wouldn't cry if we are able to get him.

I’m very happy with the OL. Last year was a dumpster fire. Most passing plays they look darn good this year. The guy I notice the most negatively is Davis, and they have an in house replacement being trained.

One thing to watch over the season is if the refs start calling holding penalties again. I noticed it anecdotally against our D, but PFT had some stats last week that made it clear offensive holding has been de-emphasized.

if they start to tighten it up again, hopefully the young guys adapt.

I’m very happy with the OL. Last year was a dumpster fire. Most passing plays they look darn good this year. The guy I notice the most negatively is Davis, and they have an in house replacement being trained.

I wanted all 5 starters from last season replaced, but they only changed 4 of them and kept Davis. Hopefully, he'll be relegated to back-up duties soon. It's been a long time since they've had anything close to decent pass protection. The line has been terrible for years during the Philbin and Gase regimes. Tannehill was sacked more than any other QB during his first 4 seasons behind a line with 1st round picks on it. Gase had three 1st round picks anchoring his o-line (Tunsil, Pouncey, and James) and they still sucked. IMO, not one of those guys were worthy of being a 1st round pick. James was average at best, and highly inconsistent. Tunsil and Pouncey were IMO weak, and pushed backwards far too often. I was glad to see them all go! Many fans in the past have posted that Tunsil and Pouncey are elite linemen, and that James was pretty good. Really? If so, then why is the current line with 2 rookies, 2 Free Agents, and a barely average Davis doing a better job of pass-blocking than they did? This current line needs to get better at run-blocking, but the o-lines under Philbin and Gase were also bad at run-blocking.

I like what I've seen so far but get Jesse Davis the hell off the team

He's an asset as a versatile back up, covering just about every position on the line. There's a role for Jesse Davis on a good team. You just dont want him to be one of your better starters like the last few years...

Yeah he's a backup that has started for almost 3 years man I'm sick :nah:

Best gift of the off season. They are playing very well, together. Even Davenport played better than expected in place of Jackson, after he left the game with an ankle injury.

I didn't think much of the new offensive coaching staff, but the new Offensive Line coach has done an Excellent job.
Says a lot about coaching I think in addition to the influx of new players.

Back
Top Bottom