Offensive Philosophy?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Philosophy??

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is anyone else just dumb founded at the decision to convert to a west coast offense with such a lack of talent to execute it? You can say they did this for RT and to build around him but I call BS on that. He's not going to be starting this year anyway, so why? You dont come to a team without any proven offensive ability and force them to run a totally different scheme than what they were used to the previous year. You wait until you have the right pieces in place before you do that. I love Philbin but I think he messed up big time doing this.

Tannehill probably is going to be starting this year. If the WC offense is what the coaching staff wants, then of course they are going to install it now. Even if they don't have all the talent needed to run it. They are not going to build this year around one type of offense and then change it next year. They will take their lumps until all the pieces are in place.

I just dont understand why yuo would install a system with not one f_ing piece in place. Talk about a confidence killer when your tam cant get anything going because they dont know the system. I know its only one game in the preseason, but the weakness is exposed, not that it wasnt before, but we dont have any threats. I would honestly be good with leaning more toward the running game this year.

We have a few pieces to run this offense. We have a good pass catching RB and a really good slot WR. But its looking more and more that Ryan will start this year and its a great offense to run with him because he knows it already. The system is not the problem its the lack of talent.... Doesnt matter what offense we run we dont have the talent to be good at any of them. With the WCO good play calling and mis matches can help over come alittle of the lack of talent we have.

you people are acting a fool man .

This offense runs through running backs, tight ends, confusing formations, and QB accuracy. Stop thinking about Green Bay, when in reality you are really thinking about the saints and colts of old.

This is mike Sherman's offense. Tanney, Gerrard, to an extent Matt Moore, the left side of the o-line, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Charles Clay, all fit this offense well. When Jonathan Martin is basically a college kid playing against 1st and 2nd team NFL players, and when for some reason, your whole team is playing not to get hurt and playing to collect a check rather than playing with passion - you are going to look like crap.

Martin is a huge liability. Take away those batted balls and sacks and runs tuffing i'd say at least 50 percent of all of themt his game a direct result of martin's horrible play (seriously? colombo or him?)

Also - The Defense and everyone else are playing with ZERO emotion. They are dejected and bland, their head coach is an x's and o's guy and he needs to step it up soon.

that being said, another thing to remember is that the Vontae call should have been an offsetting penatly, and the sean smith INTERCEPTION was in fact an interception which would have changed emotion and cost the panthers points.

Is anyone else just dumb founded at the decision to convert to a west coast offense with such a lack of talent to execute it? You can say they did this for RT and to build around him but I call BS on that. He's not going to be starting this year anyway, so why? You dont come to a team without any proven offensive ability and force them to run a totally different scheme than what they were used to the previous year. You wait until you have the right pieces in place before you do that. I love Philbin but I think he messed up big time doing this.

I hear what you're saying, but I agree with Nublar. They have to install their system now so our players can learn as they go. As im watching the game, Im thinking the offensive philosphy is useless right now, sometimes I get frustrated and think they should just give up on it and start running a normal huddled offense. If anything it's hurting us at the moment only because we hurry up to get 3 and outs, which gives the opposing team the oppertunity to put more points up on us. But again, its all part of the learning curve, and what better way to learn than in preseason.

that being said, another thing to remember is that the Vontae call should have been an offsetting penatly, and the sean smith INTERCEPTION was in fact an interception which would have changed emotion and cost the panthers points.

Yeah those two big penalties lead to scores for them which hurt. They also got called for alot of penalties that helped us alittle. But that Smith pick was one of the worse call i have seen in years. The NFL need to give the REAL refs what they want and get them back for the start of the season.

But the D does look bad and no one is even sniffing the QB. The D cant get off the field on third down and the right side of the oline looks bad. Sound familiar??? (first half of last season)

But the D does look bad and no one is even sniffing the QB. The D cant get off the field on third down and the right side of the oline looks bad. Sound familiar??? (first half of last season)

At least last year our RBs were tackled past the line of scrimmage, not behind it like with this new zone-blocking scheme. We had 2 strengths last season... running and stopping the run. Those strengths are now weaknesses, even with mostly all of the same players.

I was very please with Sean Smith play...I know right Shocker! He seems like he's finally learning how to us his bigger frame against players....It was a very nice non-PI play. Sadly, you see CBs like Revis get away with hand checking and more the entire game.

I like that Vonate challenged the loud mouth Smith...... Napoleon Complex big-time.

This offense runs through running backs, tight ends, confusing formations, and QB accuracy. Stop thinking about Green Bay, when in reality you are really thinking about the saints and colts of old.

This is mike Sherman's offense. Tanney, Gerrard, to an extent Matt Moore, the left side of the o-line, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Charles Clay, all fit this offense well. When Jonathan Martin is basically a college kid playing against 1st and 2nd team NFL players, and when for some reason, your whole team is playing not to get hurt and playing to collect a check rather than playing with passion - you are going to look like crap.

Martin is a huge liability. Take away those batted balls and sacks and runs tuffing i'd say at least 50 percent of all of themt his game a direct result of martin's horrible play (seriously? colombo or him?)

Also - The Defense and everyone else are playing with ZERO emotion. They are dejected and bland, their head coach is an x's and o's guy and he needs to step it up soon.

I agree with everything you mentioned.
Some thought of my own.
1. When things are not going well, the veterans on the team are used to all the animation and fist pumping of Sparano. Philbin is a different kind of coach. If Philbin is not the rah rah guy, then the assistants need to rally the troops...if they will respond to that.
Plenty of great teams have a coach with a calm demeanor. I am not suggesting that Philbin is a problem.
Getting used to new schemes, new players, and the coaching style will take some time.

2. Martin cannot be the starter at this time. He is hobbling a already neutered and anemic offense. The staff had better start making some decision this week, and start playing the guys who will be starting in week one. They will need at least a game to get their **** together..especially at OL and DB.

3. Egnew is terrible. Another terrible pick by Ireland.

4.You could see the frustration is Matt Moore during the game. He is getting **** on with the packages and players put into the game with him. I believe he should be the starter(unless Garrard come back). Tannehill looked really green and was playing like a rookie last night. RT needs to be developed and brought along and given another shot during the season. Reality sets in.

5. The special team tackling and coverages look excellent considering it is preseason.

6. The tackling by the LB's and secondary is very poor.

7. Thigpen and Shelby flashed last night, those guys need to make the squad.

8. Roberto Wallace disappeared...he cannot be depended on.

Just my .02

That is entirely the point of the west coast offense! Look at the history. Based on physical talent do you think Montana ranks ahead of Marino, Elway, Namath, Fouts or just about anyone else? How about Roger Craig? Ahead of Brown, Sanders, Simpson, Payton or Smith? The entire point of the West Coast offense is you can teach mediocre talent to execute it effectively.

plus one....

Back
Top Bottom