Offensive Players I like for the Dolphins in the draft. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Players I like for the Dolphins in the draft.

THIS KB21 GUY IS A FRUIT!!

WOW!! I HAVE READ LOTS OF POSTS BY KB21!! WHAT A FRUIT, A KNOW IT ALL CRACK-SMOKER!! EVERYTHNG HE POSTS IS B.S. AND HE PULLS HIS OPIONS FROM HIS BUTTHOLE!! OPINIONS ARE VALUED ON THIS BOARD, BUT YOUR THEORIES, AND FACTS SUCK!!

Originally posted by KB21
Hmm. Let's evaluate.

Cade McNown -- Speil 1st round pick.

Curtis Enis -- Wann-Spiel 1st round pick.

Rick Mirer -- Wanny traded 1st round pick for him.

Rashaan Salaam -- Wanny 1st round pick.

John Theirry -- Wanny 1st round pick.

Jamar Fletcher -- Can't even win the dime back job. Much better CB in Fred Smoot was available. Offensive position was the bigger need.

Travis Minor -- Will never be anything but a 3rd down back. Wasted pick in the third round. 3rd down backs are a dime a dozen. Could have taken Greenwood, gotten Dominic Rhodes later, and kept the 2nd round pick in this year's draft.
McNown, Minor, and Fletcher have yet to be determined. Ennis and Salaam were cut down by injuries. Thierry is a decent player.
The only stupid move was Mirer. Everybody makes mistakes, it's the ability to learn from them that makes us wise. let's see who they have brought to the Dolphins since their arrival.....
Matt Turk, Lamar Smith, jay Fiedler, Chris Chambers, Todd Wade, Arturo Freeman, James McKnight, Jed Weaver, Scott Mc Garrahan, David Bowens,and quite a slew of other players in a constant attempt to upgrade responsibly w/out sacrificing the future.
These guys are doing a good job evaluating talent and to say otherwise is to ignore the facts.
BTW, I have been on quite a few draft sites today and most seem to have the Fins taking Foster when Duckett has already been chosen and visa versa, so how in all your infinite wisdom do you view the choice of Duckett as a mistake?

Originally posted by KB21
Hmm. Let's evaluate.

Cade McNown -- Speil 1st round pick.

Curtis Enis -- Wann-Spiel 1st round pick.

Rick Mirer -- Wanny traded 1st round pick for him.

Rashaan Salaam -- Wanny 1st round pick.

John Theirry -- Wanny 1st round pick.

Jamar Fletcher -- Can't even win the dime back job. Much better CB in Fred Smoot was available. Offensive position was the bigger need.

Travis Minor -- Will never be anything but a 3rd down back. Wasted pick in the third round. 3rd down backs are a dime a dozen. Could have taken Greenwood, gotten Dominic Rhodes later, and kept the 2nd round pick in this year's draft.

I agree w/the your evaluation of Fletcher, but the rest I am not sure. Everyone is a genius when looking through hindsight. There were 5 other teams that would have chosen Mcknown, Enis, and Salam if they slipped to them. Going in to the 3rd round last season the major needs for the Dolphins were third down back, olb, and lt. I think Dave and Rick did a good job filling 2 hole in 1 round. How was he to know that lt and dt would be devastated w/injuries? And in closing shut up about Dominc Rhodes, you probably had no idea who he was last apirl. He made such a good first impression that every team passed him up 7 times. and yes he did rush for 1000 yards, but he also put the ball on the turf about 10 times last season.

Fletcher disappointed me THIS last year, but I will hold judgement on him until the end of 2002.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Fletcher disappointed me THIS last year, but I will hold judgement on him until the end of 2002.
he disappointed me to, but i didn't think a guy could go straight from college to the pros and be a winner.

as far as cade goes, we got him for next to nothing. if he starts to play like he did at UCLA, he's a steal, if not, the dolphins have lost nothing!

I agree 87

Originally posted by dolfan87
a #1 pick w/Fletch's accoldates should have been able to beat out Cousins. We'll see this year especially if Cousins cannot be re-signed.

TJ Duckett reminds me of a guy we drafted in the second, JJJ.

Read this scouting report on JJJ: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/players/14020.html

Now read this scouting report on Duckett:
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/duckett.html

Don't you think of him as a poor man's Ron Dayne? Thats not saying a lot since Dayne isn't that good.

Now Foster is a boom or bust type player, but I can see this guy becoming a Pro Bowl RB. So if it comes down to Duckett and Foster, pick Foster. Thats just my opinion

I agree with KB...OK maybe only on one point

For the most part I happen to believe that KB does little else except think of ways to contradict the rest of us here on this happy little site but on the subject of DeShawn Foster I'll have to agree with him. Living out here in Orange County, near LA I'm a big UCLA fan. I've had the opportunity to watch Foster play quite a bit and I believe that he has the kind of big game talent that the 'Fins need. While he needs to work on holding on to the ball a little better and needs to do some preventive maintainence in order to avoid injury, he is a tremendous all around back. If the 'Fins can't get their hands on RW through a trade, I believe Foster would be the best option.

As far as KB goes; I have to wonder :confused: about anyone who sits around and watches game film of college players, in order to evaluate their potential NFL prospects, on his free time. Perhaps it's only my opinion, but this seems kind of pathetic since, after all, there are only about 10 milllion other/better things to do with your time. It just sounds strange to me.:confused:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Duckett is faster and more powerful than Dayne.

Dayne didn't come into the league with a long list of injuries and lack of expierence.

Orange County (as it says in his profile) is next to LA. They made a great movie about it by the way, it is my avatar. :)

Back
Top Bottom