Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls)

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
If the Celtics have Phil Jackon as their coach they'd be right where they are right now. The only team the Celtics are better then in the Atlantic is the Knicks no matter who their coach is, PERIOD!

No.

UCFinfan86 said:
If D'Antoni was their coach, they are a playoff team, u get any coach that runs all day they are a playoff team, they have so many athletes on this team. Gomes, Allen, Green, Pierce, West, Rondo

Yeah because you guys have the same amount of talent as the Suns LMAO. :sidelol: You know that isn't true. Would the Celtics be better with D'Antoni, yeah they probably would. Instead of only winning 20 games they'd win 28, that's how good they would be with him! :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yeah because you guys have the same amount of talent as the Suns LMAO. :sidelol: You know that isn't true. Would the Celtics be better with D'Antoni, yeah they probably would. Instead of only winning 20 games they'd win 28, that's how good they would be with him! :lol:

:shakeno: with the ****test coach in the league we will still win atleast 35 games, and where did i say anythign about having the same amount of talent as the suns? Do you guys know how to read?

UCFinfan86 said:
:shakeno: with the ****test coach in the league we will still win atleast 35 games, and where did i say anythign about having the same amount of talent as the suns? Do you guys know how to read?

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was just saying that the Celtics don't have the talent the Suns do therefore I don't know how much of an impact D'Antoni would have on this team. Plus as bad as the Suns are defensively you guys are even worse then them which explains why you hung 117 the other night and lost. With D'Antoni the Celtics are not a playoff team. They'd win 5 more games or so but their not a playoff team no matter who the coach is because they don't have the talent!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was just saying that the Celtics don't have the talent the Suns do therefore I don't know how much of an impact D'Antoni would have on this team. Plus as bad as the Suns are defensively you guys are even worse then them which explains why you hung 117 the other night and lost. With D'Antoni the Celtics are not a playoff team. They'd win 5 more games or so but their not a playoff team no matter who the coach is because they don't have the talent!

Last year we won 33 games and we didnt lose anyone. We've added some pieces Telfair, Ratliff(a good defensive presence for about 10 minutes a game), and Rondo, as well as some of our younger players gaining experience (West, Gomes, Jefferson, Perkins). We will win ATLEAST 35 games and if doc is canned soon, then that number should surely rise.

Also i know we dont have the talent of the suns, but no matter what, you add a coach as good as D'antoni to the celtics are who built for his style, it will have an impact. Im not saying if we had D'antoni we would be championship caliber team like the suns, simply saying 45 wins would be reasonable, but still proably an first round exit, maybe a second round depending on the matchup

FiN.in.RI said:
You all just wait and see.. :evilmod:

Ainge knows what he's doing. He only learned form the greatest that ever lived.

If Ainge turns the Celtics around I'll be the first person on here giving him his props but right now it looks like this team is taking a step back. But I understand the franchise needs time because of the amount of young guys they got on their team but for this season I think their in trouble!

FiN.in.RI said:

I heard he wanted to break the Red Sox's 86 year record without a title!:lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Didn't anyone ever tell you not to throw stones if you live in a glass house?

Again, you aren't making much sense here.

Your previous statement was uninformed, as opposed to my previous statements which have been more opinion based.

Care to clarify?

FiN.in.RI said:

I'm not gonna cruicfy the Celts, but I do not think Ainge will be the GM much longer.

Too much imbalance on the roster. Unless he trades some of his young guys to get proven veterans, he's not going to be around long enough to see them reach their full potential.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:lol:

Let West play his normal SG position for a year, as opposed to the PG role he was forced into, and it won't even be close.

West is a very good player that does a ton of things well.

And what's with all this Gomes bashing? The guy is a very solid rotational player that was a steal in the late 2nd round. He plays like a 10 year vet and is an excellent bench player. He's about 100x more valuable than Josh Boone.

seriously what's with your obsession of Boone? all you say is how bad he is and no ones gonna argue with you....he's a rookie and he's like prolly our tenth or higher man....why are you comparing Gomes to someone that will most likely be inactive most of the games his rookie season.

ChambersWI said:
If I'm Ainge I look to trade a couple of the young guys for some solid vets.

I've heard that the Celts are thinking of trading Wally and future considerations to Indiana for Jackson and either Foster or Jasikevicius.

On a side note: two teams that will make an impact this year (note: make the playoffs, and contend in the next couple of years) are the Bucks and the Raptors.

The Raps have looked pretty good their first 3 games (just need to be better at chosing their shots), and Redd/Bogut/Villanueva looks good for the Bucks (just need their bench to start scoring).

Detroit will struggle this year. They'll make the playoffs, but they don't have any intensity. Muhammad has been good for them early on, but he'll fall off the face of the earth soon.

If Korver can keep producing off the bench, and the 6ers can find a back up PG that can score, I think they can win the Atlantic. The Nets have a good starting line-up, but I don't think a team that has to rely on so many unproven bench players can play at a high level all season (but I still think they can make the Playoffs)

Dark Horse in the East: Indiana Pacers. Daniels,Harrison,Armstrong,Foster, and Jas... Sarunas has been a very good bench. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Jackson.

The Nets won the Altlantic last year without any bench at all,now this year Kystic has improved the starting line up plus while having unproven guys they still have better depth and potential then last year...They've only improved and the 6ers have done nothing to put themselves of the Nets

Back
Top Bottom