*Offical Minnesota T-Wolves thread* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Offical Minnesota T-Wolves thread*

True but he isnt getting in the rotation. Right now Craig Smith are other rookie is doing great! The Denver announcers said he reminds them of a young Charles Barkley. Glad to hear that.

Majpain said:
True but he isnt getting in the rotation. Right now Craig Smith are other rookie is doing great! The Denver announcers said he reminds them of a young Charles Barkley. Glad to hear that.

the fact that smith is getting into the rotation and foye isnt says something

Well Budd T-Wolves have less depth at the forward position. IT also seems like Smith will get more playing time after that preformance. Wolves are stacked at the guard position.

Buddwalk said:
the fact that smith is getting into the rotation and foye isnt says something

Dwayne Casey did the same thing with Rashad McCants last year. He believes in making rookies earn their minutes. Crait Smith definitely did that last night. And as was said above, the pups have much more talent at guard than at forward. Craig Smith is competing with Eddie Griffin and Mark Madsen for PT while Foye is competing with Mike James, Troy Hudson, Marko Jaric, Ricky Davis, and Trenton Hassel for time at PG/SG. That being said, I do think that Troy Hudson is being showcased right now, and hopefully, something gets done because when Rashad McCants comes back in January, there will be a major log jam at point guard and shooting guard.

Aside from that, I like what I've seen the last two games. James had a slow start game one, but played well last night. Blounts contributed both games and has played with a little energy. I don't expect Craig Smith to put up 20 points per game every night, but he's a load underneith the basket and has a sweet post up game. I'm not a big Ricky Davis fan, but he's done some good things the last couple of games, getting some boards and assists to go along with his scoring. Hudson has been good, so hopefully we can trade him before he gets hurt again. All in all, I have more hope for this team than I've had since game 20 of the 2004 season.

Smith is going to be a great bench player this year. He is a guy that can get atleast 12-15 points a night while KG is on the bench.

As Minnphin said, Foye's struggles are because of Minny's guard depth.

Craig Smith, who I am shocked was not drafted by the Suns in the first round, is big (bulk wise), and is a scoring maching (dominated Shelden Williams in the ACC Championship game). He'll get time because Griffen can't score inside, Blount is a 15 foot shooter and can't rebound, and Madsen can't score.

Foye is going up against James,Davis,Jaric,Hudson (all of whom can score), and Hassell (who is a pretty good defender).

Hassel is a good defender and thats all. Foye will get more playing time has the season rolls on. Minny is doing great right now.

Wow way to go Casey keep Garnett on the bench and blow a 16 point lead :shakeno:

Minnesota flat out choked in this game. Portland out scored Minny 18-5 in 9 mins (3rd qt going threw the 4th). Kg had a good look just couldn't finish.

Once again Foye 0 points. Roy was the diffrence maker.

Back
Top Bottom