Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread

Roman529 said:
The Phillies won the World Series in 1980 and lost the World Series in 1983.....the same amount of World Series that the Braves have won since 1980......ONE.

When the Phillies win 14 Division Titles in a row, then you can try to talk a little smack about my team.:D But until then, at least try and reach the playoffs.

Roman529 said:
The Phillies won the World Series in 1980 and lost the World Series in 1983.....the same amount of World Series that the Braves have won since 1980......ONE.

When was the last time the Phillies even made the postseason? Underachieving after you win the division every year is one thing but underachieving all season long like the Phillies is something completely different.

FOREVER I LOVE ATLANTA!

:) Behind the Cards right now but there's plenty of time for a comeback.

NorthFloridaFin said:
When the Phillies win 14 Division Titles in a row, then you can try to talk a little smack about my team.:D But until then, at least try and reach the playoffs.

Until you win two World Series...

Well, I don't really need to do this. We're well ahead of you in the standings for now.

The run ends here. GO MARLINS!

RWhitney014 said:

Well, I don't really need to do this. We're well ahead of you in the standings for now.

The Braves will finish the season ahead of the Marlins in the standings

RWhitney014 said:

I'd like to know your reasoning behind saying "well ahead of you in the standings"...aren't the Marlins only 1.5 ahead of the Braves?

RWhitney014 said:

I suppose the Marlins will win the division :sidelol: . If the Mets somehow screw things up then Atlanta will be there to win number 15, not Florida.

The Braves go into the break on a nice note...winning 3 straight series and pulling within 6 games of the Wild Card.

TitansFanatic said:
The Braves go into the break on a nice note...winning 3 straight series and pulling within 6 games of the Wild Card.

We are playing pretty decent right now. The month of June absolutely killed us though.

TitansFanatic said:

Also note they've jumped ahead of the Marlins in the standings. They've got a tough series with the Padres after the break though. I don't see them having a shot at the division anymore but a wild card is not unreasonable if they keep up the good play. Who knows, going to the postseason as a wild card might be just what the doctor ordered for them. They'll be playing for their playoff lives the rest of the season so they could pull a houston and go in hot and make some noise.

NorthFloridaFin said:
We are playing pretty decent right now. The month of June absolutely killed us though.

You're the first guy I've seen from Appalachicola in a while. I used to shrimp there with my uncle several years ago. I'm from Bay county right down the coast.

muscle979 said:
You're the first guy I've seen from Appalachicola in a while. I used to shrimp there with my uncle several years ago. I'm from Bay county right down the coast.

Oh yeah, most of my uncles are shrimpers. I tried my hand at it, but chose Law Enforcement instead.

Back
Top Bottom